maxximiliann maxximiliann 36-40, M 12 Answers Oct 24, 2012 in Religion

God doesn't write books, that's for men.

Best Answer

Wrote in the sense of authored :)

Best Answer

Exactly. People need to open there eyes false prophets false Christianity ;)

Best Answer

Rock on Sara!! :)

Best Answer

Thank you;)

Best Answer

I'd never join a club that would have me as a member.

Best Answer

Me neither>>>>I just want to go to Heaven

Best Answer

Then what's stopping you?

Best Answer

I didn't say I didn't like it....(I love a good fiction)....but what makes you think God wrote it?

Best Answer

Wrote in the sense that the thoughts contained were inspired by God. Hence, He is the Bible's author, not his 40 amanuenses :)

Best Answer

Not sure who told you God wrote the bible... But you may want to actually read the thing... Or take a history class...

Best Answer
Best Answer

Uh, you think God wrote the Holy Bible? The Perfect Book of books? Perhaps you know what language He wrote it in. And if He translated it. The if He later edited it. Then if King James had His phone number for all those revisions. And if the Vatican left out a few of the more inconvenient chapters. Then you should take it to a good editor to take care of that little continuity problem. Can't have the Holy Bible full of inconsistencies can we... Or do we? Good luck with that,

Best Answer

The Creator employed 40 amanuenses to put together the 66 books of the Bible over a span of some 1400 years. It was composed in ancient Hebrews, Aramaic and Koine. Thanks to the thousands of ancient manuscripts available in its original languages, no other historical writings are as well attested to as the 66 books of the Bible. As far as its canon is concerned, the "Protestant" canon agrees more with the very first Bible, The Tanakh, than with the Catholic and Orthodox canons. This is significant because The Tanakh is decidedly older than the Catholic and Orthodox canons making these illegitimate adulterations of the Bible.

Best Answer

There seems to be a lot of information on what the creator did and who was supposedly chosen to do that work. All from the same source. Sorry, I enjoy stories as much as the next guy, but I believe what I know to be true. I have a fine relationship with my maker. I don't need stories to believe. Nor do I think anyone has a closer ear to God.

Best Answer

Did I mention God had the sixty six books that make up the Bible written over a span of 1,400 years? Did I also mention that no other ancient historical writings are as well attested to as the sixty six books that make up the Bible?

Best Answer

Interesting. Can you share how you understand the following? “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? (Matthew 5:43-46)

Best Answer

Most of them have.

Best Answer

Sad but true.

Best Answer

Hi Max,<br />
Just want to say that we know what God and his dissiples wrote and we believe it because it sustained through the ages, and God promised that any untruths wouldnt sustain even one century.Mr Smith or Mrs White unfortunately hasnt or will never pass that test. And they didnt changed the gospel of Christ, and of His Holy Father and of the dissiples He put here on Earth to lead and guide us. He promised to be forever with us...Do u believe....I do...

Best Answer

He didn't. Imperfect man passed the words down over centuries before it was compiled. But it is an incredible book(s). He certainly guided the writing.

Best Answer

Ya, or form your own little group of politico's to decide which books make it in and which get cut.

Best Answer

Actually, the "Protestant" canon agrees more with the very first Bible, The Tanakh, than with the Catholic and Orthodox canons. This is significant because The Tanakh is decidedly older than the Catholic and Orthodox canons making these illegitimate adulterations of the Bible :)

Best Answer

You need a history lesson.

Best Answer

By all means. The floor is yours :)

Best Answer