But the whole time kept it cold
quanta quanta 22-25, F 15 Answers Nov 24, 2010

It could suffer internal damage because the water would expand as it froze and condense upon melting. This would, as stated above, deteriorate the quality of the food product. Also, Bacteria are not killed by freezing, merely put in stasis. So be extra sure to cook it to the optimal temperature as your constant cycles could have facilitated bacterial growth.

Best Answer

my mom told me never to refreeze raw meat. because of the chance of bacteria,i would guess.

Best Answer

Perfect opportunity for Bacteria to germinate and you may even get sick if not cooked right.

Best Answer

i think it's a crapshoot. you might get sick, might not.

Best Answer

Yes, it could lead to trouble, every time you thaw it out gives any bacteria a chance to grow, most of your cook books have this warning, its not good to do. Make sure you rinse it real well when you go to use it.

Best Answer

Yes, it will taste awful

Best Answer

Bad? Oh, yes. I'd hide my jewels and cash if I were you.

And sleep with one eye open.

Best Answer

It would depend on what you mean by bad--it would certainly affect the flavor if the bird was any good to begin with.

As for rotten, that depends on how fresh it was when first frozen, how long it was thawed, and how deep of a freeze it had on it for the times it was frozen, and the temperature you kept it cold at while thawed.

A good quality fresh frozen chicken that had been handled properly would still be safe to eat, and may even taste good, but a cheap one bought at discount the day before it expired, and wasn't frozen when you bought it, and smells like rotting flesh a little bit--not likely good to eat.

I'd say if you can't afford to throw it out and get one you are more sure of, then open it, let it get some oxygen for 1/2 hour or so, then smell it--if it isnt truning cook the hell out of it in soup or hot oven etc, and hope it is still good.

I do not eat cheap chicken because it is often contaminated before the store gets it. But hey, they are pumped full of antibiotics and preservatives that will make you siccker in the long run than salmonells ever will--salmonella goes away--chemical poisoning builds up over time and is very hard to grow out of.

Best Answer

Yes. Throw it out.

Best Answer

Common sense u do not freeze and refreeze food

Best Answer

ur never suppost to refreeze thawed meat. I never did dont want to test that theory in case i do end up with food poisoning or something

Best Answer

Go ask a wiser website. Here at EP, we's ain't to brite.

Best Answer

If would probably not make you ill, but it would not taste as good.

Best Answer