If I thought she could pay, and she had agreed to do so at the point of my lending it, I might reconsider the friendship.<br />
i have learned not to "lend" money that I can't afford to lose. But I only let that sort of thing happen one time, unless there are very special circumstances.<br />
There are "friends" that will suck you dry if you let them. And they'll do it with a smile and a hug.

Best Answer

Anytime you lend someone money, you best better be prepared to never see it again. That's my best advice. If you enter into such an arrangement with the expectation that you will get the money back, then you WILL be disappointed.

Best Answer

do nothing my dad taught me to never loan money....only give them as much as you can live without b//c if they can't pay you back then you'll loss a friendship over money....money is also the root of all evil.

Best Answer

yes this is true thats why we not friend no more i still talk to her but not like i use to nor do i go she her i told her she lost a good friend

Best Answer

Without a signed contract stating the amount and when it is to be payed back, the only way you can get the money back is for her to voluntarily give it back. If there was a credible witnesses (unrelated and uninvolved people,) small claims by be an option, but it is an even bet whether you would win.<br />
Like the others say, when you loan money to a friend, don't expect it back. It's unfortunate, but that is the way it is most of the time. Your friend may have had good intentions, but if she couldn't manage her money well enough to get into the apartment without help, why would you expect her to manage it well enough to pay you back?<br />
To avoid the issues you are having, I either refuse to loan someone money, or gift them the money. If they decide to repay the gift (hasn't happened) great. If not, I don't feel used or cheated. Sorry.

Best Answer

kiss it good bye

Best Answer

if you wrote them a check, it's be pretty easy to take them to small claims court. You can just threaten it and see if it works first.

Best Answer

A check doesn't prove anything. They could claim it was a present. Without a signed contract that stipulates repayment within a certain time frame, she has no legal recourse. Unless the friend is honest enough to admit to the judge that it was a loan.

Best Answer

small claims court has a low burden of proof. They really only have to convince to the judge that they are telling the truth. And unless this person is a former spouse or something most people are not going to believe that you're taking someone to court over a gift.

Best Answer