inventorsclub10 inventorsclub10 31-35, F 6 Answers Oct 8, 2010

Just show up for work and make out that you have the job. By the time they work it out you will already be a vital cog.

Best Answer

LOL, come on am serious.

Best Answer

I wonder how ling it would take them to notice that they didn't hire you. lol

Best Answer

Depends on a lot of factors. Every company is different and it also varies with the level of the job you are seeking. The company I work for, which shall remain nameless, is an extremely large global corporation. They are notoriously slow in the hiring process, which often gets dragged out to six or nine months in length for management level personnel. Even the hiring managers complain because it takes so long to fill critical vacancies.<br />
Write a thank you note immediately following your interview and before you leave the interview, ask each interviewer (a) how you did; (b) what is the next step in the process; and (c) how long before I can expect to hear something.

Best Answer

If they tell you to call back in five days. You call in three! If they tell you that they will respond in two days, and they don't call the next day to remind them. This way they can tell you they found some else. Usually, that's what happened. Don't give up I have landed a job for calling the next after they hired someone. The person they hired quit or overexaggerated their resume. They called me back because they knew I wanted the job bad enough to call after they didn't respond. Just follow through on the calls until they tell you they hired. Good Luck!

Best Answer

I would say 1 or 2 days to know they definitely want you..<br />
if they take longer.. to me that says whoever they really wanted, accepted another offer. but yeah after 5 days I would give up hope on that job lol

Best Answer

I might agree if you are being hired as a minimum wage worker, or close to that. However, if it is a large bureaucratic company and you are interviewing for an important technical or managerial position, it can take weeks or in some cases even longer. Most companies will have the courtesy to inform you if they have chosen another applicant or chosen not to make an offer for these kinds of jobs -- probably not for low-level unskilled jobs.

Best Answer

I'm speaking as a college student who has worked as an intern snob. Sorry we're not all old and decrepit and have life yet ahead.

Best Answer

Well aren't you a nasty know it all child! I may be old; I may be decrepit; and I may not have as much life ahead of me as you have. However, I have been a hiring manager. I have been a senior executive. I do know how hiring works.

If you don't care to accept the information I have shared, feel free. I don't know what got your shorts tied in a knot in as much as I said nothing nasty, nor did I put you down in any way. I think perhaps you need to address your anger and lack of maturity issues instead of being nasty to people like myself.

Oh, and by the way -- judging from your lack of proper punctuation and capitalization, perhaps you are one of those condemned to a minimum wage job and thus have no experience of the other end of the wage spectrum. Such a pity, don't you think?

Best Answer

I ask them when they expect to make a decision, which is usually in a week's period.

Best Answer