What was the reason you divorced? Did you try to get help through counseling? What happened?
ItsALongStory ItsALongStory 22-25, F 17 Answers Nov 22, 2009

I got rid of my first husband after 9 months.....Turned out he liked the same type of men I did.....<br />
and that was just too yuckie

Best Answer

I got divorced after almost 6 years of marriage... I was with the guy for almost 10 yrs.. He tried to kill me a few times.. yes we tried counselling but I don't think you can solve that kinda a problem!!! I think marriage should be outlawed!! If 2 people want to be together then they will be.. why does there have to be a law about it?

Best Answer

HAHAHAHAHA!

Best Answer

It could be because marriage wasnt what you thought it would be or maybe you did not give yourself time to adjust to married life......people do strange things!

Best Answer

I got divorced after 34 years of wedded bliss so I do not qualify for this question I guess.

Best Answer

I am at 34 years now...... Why toss out the Devil that you know.....

Best Answer

I got divorced because I knew that things weren't going to change. He wanted this one way, and saw things as one way, and I wanted and saw things another. I TRIED EVERYTHING to make my marriage work, but when one person doesn't want to put in the effort, what is there left to do? I didn't want to be miserable the rest of my life. I had goals and dreams too. If I were still with him those dreams would have never had a shot of happening. Being divorced now, they do have a chance of coming to fruition.

Don't get me wrong, its not that he was an awful, uncaring, unkind husband because he was the opposite but when something is amiss and things don't change, you eventually will acknowledge the proverbial elephant in the room. And from there you make a choice, do I stay and be miserable to make this person happy,? Or do I leave and make me happy? I chose me. I had to break his heart to heal mine. And this process is going to take as long as it is going to take.

Best Answer

being Divorced actually is a Start not an End.. it's a Chance to find true Love .. to meet the Mr. Right .. who really cares about you and deserve your love...

Best Answer

After 4 years of totally sexless marriage, I began to understand that her pre-marital "enthusiasm" was manipulation. Still, I didn't marry her for sex, and didn't divorce her for abstinence. When I learned in year 4 that she had gotten the birth control shot.. and she still wasn't sleeping with me... and I asked her "who ARE you sleeping with"... and she said "my sex life is none of your business" - that's when I realized that I didn't know this person in my home at all, and that whatever our relationship was, it wasn't "marriage". Filing divorce was simply to end the pretense, to make the paperwork match the reality, to set us both free to have a chance to find happiness. Best (and hardest) thing I ever did!

Best Answer

SEEKING STORIES FOR TV: DIVORCING IN YOUR 20’S<br />
Are you under the age of 30 and going through a DIVORCE? Screaming Flea Productions in association with a major cable network is launching a new television/reality series about young men and women facing being single and rebuilding their lives!<br />
Compensation and/or assistance to help move forward will be provided on a case by case basis. <br />
Please respond with your name, age, recent photo, and a brief summary of your situation by emailing to divorced(at)sfpseattle.com or go to our casting page at www.sfpseattle.com/casting

Best Answer