SmartSweet1 SmartSweet1 51-55, F 2 Answers Nov 14, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

i had to let sleeping dogs lie, it was too much at the time, and there was a lot of bitterness from everyone, even though it was between me and that person. i thought about reaching out, but i think its pride that's stopping me, i dont want to be looked at as weak. its sucks, but at least i'm honest about it lol.

Best Answer

I think in part you are right re: the pride thing, but also, when someone has hurt you, it's hard to forget that even though you may have moments of weakness to where you think, 'life is so short, just forgive." However in some situations forgiveness is a two way street.

Best Answer

very true. that's probably why the pride feels so important, i was the one done wrong. it seems like the other person is happy with the ways things are currently, i no longer hate them, but i don't being friends again right now is the best thing. sometimes it takes weeks, even years before a good relationship (family,friends, exs) can be reconciled.

Best Answer

...and sometimes it may never be reconciled due to stubbornness and the other person's inability to be mature and take a look at what it's like to be in the other person's shoes. Let's face it, some people though regardless just do not care.

Best Answer

well said :)

Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer