TheCoitalQueen TheCoitalQueen 31-35, F 17 Answers Jun 6 in Parenting & Family

I think all teenagers need to be motivated at times especially when it comes to starting to look after themselves and stand on their own two feet, but at the same time I really sympathise with them on how they are supposed to get a decent standard of living when there is a shortage of jobs and the cost of living is so high.

Best Answer

Yes. I don't what country you are in but we have a lot of immigrants over here in uk and they 'steal' the British citizens jobs. It's unfair

Best Answer

I'm UK too :) I know. I'm not really against people working in other countries as enough UK people work abroad too but it does seem we exploit the idea of bringing in people who are so desperate for money that they will accept much lower wages doesn't it, and then the message to the UK is work for less or don't work at all. I fear though that most of the policies carried out in the UK in the last 30yrs or so have been dictated by the US who are also under the thumb of large private corporations.

Best Answer

Also housing.. Why should a family from India or Poland get priority over a family that has lived and paid their taxes in Britain?

I've worked in a nursing home where the staff are primary polish and the British staff couldn't understand there speech?

The patients used to get very frustrated. I remember one man who had severe dementia told one member to " F off out our country " he was frustrated as she has to keep repeating herself as they could not understand her.

Stay in their own country until they can communicate effectively - it's dangerous in the healthcare sector! Look at all the Nhs errors.. They have mainly been caused by poor comms - why? Foreign staff.

Best Answer

She is actually doing a degree in engineering.. But doesn't start too August in the meantime she's just doing nothing... Guess it will get better once she starts her studies.

Best Answer

Yeah I totally agree. It's really the same reason why companies use call centres abroad isn't it, because it makes more profit. I keep reading over and over about kids who have studied hard and been right through university only to come out with a degree that is worthless. I honestly think that education has become an industry in itself now with people having to have certificates for almost everything they do and more and more teachers to teach them. I was looking through the local college prospectus last week and saw that there was a four week course being offerred in 'car washing' lol

Best Answer

Lol .. One of my many jobs was a car valet! Loved that job haha! Didn't need a course though lol

Best Answer

Yes I would

Best Answer

I would expect them to lay on the couch all day and eat bon-bons while watching soap operas...

Best Answer

Of course, but my boys were never put under any pressure by me..

Best Answer

Nope. 18 years old and you're out the door!

Best Answer

Best Answer

when i was 16 my mom kicked me out....I was still in high school. I have dyslexia and a mild case of adhd. It has been very hard but I survived. Your daughter is lucky to have a mother like you and I'm sorry she treats you that way. I have 4 children that I have helped raise the youngest is 19 and they are either off to the military (two to them have gone) or married living with their spouse. None of them have children. LIfe is full of good and bad times and young adults getting ready to go out into the world need to understand that life goes on. Depressed or not the bills need to get paid, food needs to be bought and cooked. There will be a sunrise and sunset tomorrow and hiding in the house will not stop it.

Best Answer

Very well said.. I also had or still have ADHD.. I just don't take the Ritalin anymore...

Best Answer

I learned how to use it to benefit me. ADHD under controlled conditions gives you the ability to tackle multiple subjects at once, imagine applying that to a learning situation. O.o I use mind maps and different color memory cards. The dyslexia lets me process information in a non traditional way. Which translates to a different point of view. To me these are gifts and I don't need to be medicated. I had to be taught how to use them. Life has ups and downs instead of running from them face them head on in your right state of mind.

Best Answer

I don't have the dyslexia, it have a great positive attitude I salute you!

Best Answer

Yeeeees. Me thinks me would. But me don't knows for sure...

Best Answer

i don't consider 18 a child..young adult, and of course..doesn't matter age they were.

Best Answer

Not at child here. Yes - a job and a plan to move out if they were normal healthy adults that were capable. If they were incapable in a way they could fix like money, they must plan to fix it.

Best Answer

Child? I don't think an18 year old is a child but my parents wanted me ti get a job and help clean and that! Hahaha

Best Answer

But if they have no job and a student? Would you still pay for their stuff or chuck em out in a way to force them into independence lol?

Best Answer

Im 18 and a student and my parents didn't kick me out

Best Answer

I haven't kicked mine out either but she's taking the mick! Studies have stopped until August and she just lays in bed! Suggest jobs and that for her but she just sleeps...

Oh well I can't so anything about it cuz she says she depressed. Can't argue that

Best Answer

Oh gosh! :( Well you want me ti be your son don't you? Hehehe

Best Answer