Include beverages but no alcohol!
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 48 Answers Sep 21, 2011

I do that all the time. pretty close to my budget actually.

Roman noodles

soy milk

Eggs from the local farm

Veggies from farmers market

Ground meat From Local farmer

whatever I need to make bread (not the same every week)

peanut butter

tuna or another fish

Chicken when I can get it from a local farm

Pasta

Grow tomatoes and other veggies so I can freeze them

Best Answer

Hi Cheeky! Great answer!

Best Answer

I always believed in doing business with the "little guy" as opposed to the large corporations...

Best Answer

I would spend the money on revealing clothes then beg on the streets for food.

Best Answer

Huh? I'd rather go to a soup kitchen!

Best Answer

Tuna, Laughing cow cheese, Ramen noodles, mac and cheese, Hot dogs, and discounted item such Bakery shop.

Best Answer

I hear ya about Laughing Cow! The round stuff in wax is great - cheddar or jack?

Best Answer

Sounds good!

Best Answer

I'd go to Trader Joe's and get pasta and sauce, eggs, beans & rice, cheese, frozen veggies, bread, butter, garlic. I'd make the pasta with sauce a few times, later maybe with butter, garlic and cheese only. Beans and rice go a long way. A dozen eggs at 2 per meal does too. And the cheese and bread can be added to any meal. Veggies too. No meat, so I'd have some $ left - maybe for cheap wine to go with my pasta.

Best Answer

That's very healthy, too!

Best Answer

I used have only $32 for food and still bought plenty of dollar deals at the spanish food market

plantains

bell peppers

onions

garlic

lemons

potatoes

tomatoes

and whatever was left try to get some meat

Best Answer

Awesome!

Best Answer

Ramen noodles are too full of sodium, you guys!!!

I think my list would be: several loaves of the cheapest whole-wheat bread I could find, generic chunky peanut butter, cold cereal (the cheap kind in big plastic bags) and two or three gallons of milk. You can freeze milk so it won't go bad - I've done it for years.

The diet might get a little boring, but hey - it's only a week.

Best Answer

Haha! You're so right about the sodium!
And I didn't know that you could freeze milk!

Best Answer

Where do you live that you could live on 40 dollars a week? I spend $30/week for 2 on fresh produce alone. I'd starve on that but here I go:

Legumes

Brown Rice

Whatever Fresh Fruit & Veggies were on sale

Eggs

Canned Tuna

Bread

Oatmeal (raisins & slivers of almonds if I could afford to go with oatmeal)

Milk

(If I could afford maybe skinless, boneless chicken legs)

Best Answer

That sounds pretty good to me!

Best Answer

5 dollars a day at the dollar menu

Best Answer

Not a bad idea, but not very good for you!

Best Answer

I would buy some ramen noodles, Cheez Wiz and frozen and canned vegetables and some noodle pasta to make soups. I would also buy powdered soup broth and hot sauce and worcestershire sauce. I would also get vread and bagels and cream cheese, all generic brand except only the Cheez wiz.

Best Answer

Haha! I like the Cheez Wiz, too!

Best Answer

Tuna...cottage cheese...tomatoes...beetroot...corn..

Milk....cereal...

Bread...butter....jam.

Reckon thats $40.And for 1 person only.

Best Answer

Hi meteorite! Sounds great!

Best Answer

Pretty much all the basics: eggs, pasta, rice and various fruit juices. I could live off that and have some money left over for the next week. :)

Best Answer

Good plan!

Best Answer

Chicken breasts

Ground turkey

Spaghetti noodles

Garden Salad ( Prepared)

Coldcuts -Turkey /Oven roasted chicken

Cheese

Wheat Bread

Rice

Taco shells/mix

Milk

Broccoli

Cereal

Best Answer

Awesome choices!

Best Answer

Ramen and cool-aid. Oh, a lb. of sugar too.

Best Answer

Hehe!

Best Answer

I usually only spend $30 per week on food. But here goes. Chicken thighs, fresh spinach, bread, spicy mustard (for salad and sanwhiches) pancake mix (add water) oatmeal,,,,, Gee, I guess my diet could use something interesting..... oh well. I'm ok with it. I am 5 feet tall and 98 pounds. NO JUNK FOOD!!!!

Best Answer

Very good ideas!

Best Answer

this q and some of the answers took me back to 1966 in globe, arizona when our weekly food budget for a family of four was $13. We shopped at a market that catered to the reservation where the amenities were less and food cheaper. loved that store. 7-10 oz pkgs frozen veggies (bigger ones not available), fresh veggies, hot dogs, hamburger, potatos, milk, eggs, bacon, jelly, staples for making biscuits, pancakes, desserts, etc. (at that time i was still into the betty crocker et al idea of nutrition)

Best Answer

Wow! Imagine that! If only it was like that in today's world!

Best Answer

It would be delicious banquet for me

with coffee, bread, instant noodle and vegetable.

I may have extra $20 to buy some other

necessary things.

Best Answer

I would definitely need the coffee, too!

Best Answer

Bacon, Eggs, Rice, Flour, Nuts, Beets, Spinach, Mangoes, Orange juice concentrate, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, macaroni, maybe chicken or pork or beef depending on prices.

Best Answer

Never thought about the rice,,that could go a long way, also...

Best Answer

Pasta and fresh veg.

Best Answer

I could eat pasta every day!

Best Answer

I prefer pasta to potatoes anyday, hope it helped honey.

Best Answer

ramen

gatorade

fresh fruits and vegetables.

Best Answer

Great answer...

Best Answer

This is nearly my budget as well. Frozen spinach ($1.25 ea.), canned tomatoes ($1 ea.), eggs ($1.50 dz.), milk ($3 gal.), tuna ($1 ea.), rye crackers ($2), and potatoes ($3 bag) would be a good solid start for any given week. Hopefully I could get olive oil ($5), apples ($3 bag), onion ($1 ea), garlic ($1 for 3), lemons ($3 bag) and cheese ($2) too. Maybe some chicken breast if it's on sale ($3 lb).

Best Answer

VERY good answer! I like how you spelled that out!

Best Answer