I would have to give up work as i work 26 miles from home and there is no public transport that goes there

Best Answer

It depends where you live. If I had my way and moved to a dense urban setting I'd get rid of the 3 vehicles we have and walk/bike/ transit around. If I needed to use a car at any time, I'd not hesitate to rent one as I'd be so far ahead monetarily from not maintaining 3 vehicles, the expense of renting once in a while would be practically welcomed.

Best Answer

I'm a delivery driver, so a car's kind of important to me. Otherwise, sure I could, though getting around without a car is rather inconvenient where I live. $4/gal is annoying, but it's a lot easier than public transport. The university bus system where I attend is literally slower than walking/biking, and the city bus system is a joke.

Best Answer

I could not, for I am also the family taxi.

Best Answer

I got rid of my car last year and I don't miss it at all but I live in a town where I don't need one. I commute to work (52 miles away) by train so have a weekly//monthly ticket that can take me where I need to go.

Best Answer

Yup...sold my car 18 months ago.<br />
a pain for sure...but oddly i feel good about it.

Best Answer

I think I could. I'm planning on getting a new bike because I refuse to pay $4 or $5 a gallon, as the Gas Forecast states.

Best Answer

For me yes - Although might have issues getting to places on time as public transport is pants!

Best Answer

Last year I hit a pothole and wrote my car off when suspension collapsed. I was without a car for 3-4 months and then recently bought a car again. It was the first time I had been without my own car in 30 years. Surprisingly I was ok with it.

Best Answer