You get to pick.. take half that amount ( taxes ) divided into yearly payments for 30 yrs or half that amount in cash.Which would give you 5 million in cash at once. What would you pick? Most people go with cash but lose millions because of it. Which would you pick and why
deftone deftone 26-30, M 14 Answers Jan 20, 2010

i may not be alive in 30 years, so i'd take the 5 mil in cash at once. if i blew all of that, i need my *** kicked lol

Best Answer

cash any logicaly sane person would.<br />
I am now 5 mill richer than i was 5 mins ago yey me

Best Answer

Cash. No one knows the future of state governments; California has been on the verge of bankruptcy. If you have to cut state payments, why not cut payments to lottery winners. Always go for the cash option.

Best Answer

I'd take the yearly payments. Even if I wasn't around, my children and/or grandchildren would be provided for.

Best Answer

I would go for the lump sum settlement. I think that I am quite capable of managing my own finances. I have no desire to blow it all on a bunch of unneeded stuff.

Best Answer

You don't pay taxes on winnings in Canada or you didn't when I lived there and I think the same applies for Mexico. Mind you, in Mexico most people don't pay taxes if they can help it! <br />
If I could leave the payments to my daughter, then I would take the 30 years of payments. If not, I would take the money and run! <br />
I have lots of friends and family I could help with that amount.

Best Answer

I would take the cash. Five million is plenty. I could do a lot of good with that much.

Best Answer

In the UK you don`t pay tax on lottery winnings, and I would take the lot up front...I don`t trust the lottery company to still be around in 30yrs and I could invest the cash to give me much better interest for 30 yrs

Best Answer

I would pick the cash. I do not have 30 years left in me. I would be dead before the final pay out. :)

Best Answer

I would have it divided so no matter what happens I am set. It is better that way, I would blow it all in one go!

Best Answer