I had a general anaesthetic as a child and hated it. As an adult I have had to have one three times. I decided to accept the experience, and found it interesting and not unpleasant. Thank you for your answers.
Macmann Macmann 56-60, M 14 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Health

Lovely I hope I was taken advantaged of!

Best Answer

no big deal. you're a bit disoriented when u come out of it. between the surgery and the anaesthetic, it takes a lot out of you, so you'll be wiped out for a while

Best Answer

annoying....after every full anesthesia i had to puke

Best Answer

Emergency c-sec. Anesthesiologist administered spinal block...didn't work. Did it again...again it didn't work.

The last thing you want to hear on an operating table right before surgery? "Oh, shi!"

So they put me out, I was not at all sure I would ever wake up again. It was terrifying.

Best Answer

This sounds a terrible ordeal.

Best Answer

When I had my appendix out back in 1991 the anesthetist told me "Ok you're going to take alittle nap now" and he hooked something up to my IV.

I drank for six years and never did drugs in my life and when I came to after my surgery that was the Best feeling I have ever felt in my entire life.

Theres something to said for Demoral.

Best Answer

Great until they wake you up pulling that tube from your throat.

Best Answer

Huh?

Best Answer

they had problems with me.

Best Answer

I thought it was great. Oblivion like I have never experienced before. I had surgery a few times for broken bones etc and after the 1st time I couldn't help but lie there grinning in anticipation. The anesthetist thought this was a bit odd.

Best Answer

Ive been put to sleep twice. Once for a cut on my hand and once for a broken wrist. I woke up in the middle of both surgeries just for a second and they immediately put me back to sleep. It was interesting seeing them working and hearing them talking., I was 9 .

Best Answer

You must have been very self-possessed to keep so calm in the circumstances.

Best Answer

Ty for BA :)

Best Answer

really crazy. I always count backward from 100. I have never made it past like 95 or so. Then suddenly you wake up shivering like you are in the arctic. You get pain meds if you are in pain. It is like a strange dream.

Best Answer

God came talked to me and others very strange x

Best Answer