Thank you everyone for sharing your stories here. All these answers have helped me a lot. I am on a waiting list for the tests I have to have. In the meantime, my symptoms are chest pain that radiates into my left arm and into my neck, shoulder and back, that is alleviated by the nitro spray, tightness and pressure in the chest that feels like someone is pressing hard on it and shortness of breath and lethargy, also nausea. But all my ECGs so far have been normal and so is my blood. Very frustrating!
perseverer perseverer 51-55, F 18 Answers Jul 15, 2012

If in doubt, call 911 and go immediately to the ER. Better safe than sorry. <br />
A feeling of uneasiness or feeling like you are going to die.<br />
Pain that radiates to the neck or down the arm or into the back. <br />
Nausea.<br />
Vomiting.<br />
Sweating profusely.<br />
Mid-sternal pain-in the area usually below the heart.<br />
Shortness of breath.<br />
Indigestion that does not go away mimics it too.<br />
Pain that increases even if you rest. Does not diminish with nitro tabs. Feeling pain or discomfort constantly or intermittently.<br />
For women, the symptoms may be vague. And there may be no pain.<br />
Please. If in doubt, get help. Do not drive yourself. Call for help. You could save your own life or someone else's!

Best Answer

Thanks I have been seen already a zillion times. I feel like something is brewing but hasn't arrived yet. Because I got it looked at early, I have nitro spray and have needed to use it a lot.

Best Answer

If you have to use nitro more than 3 times spaced 5 minutes apart, you need to be seen by a physician in the Emergency Room. Nitro should stop the pain in, at most, 3 doses. It does not matter if you have been seen a billion times, it takes one episode to die. ONE. Better safe than sorry. If nitro spray is ineffective, you NEED something else. PLEASE.

Best Answer

Thanks. I will.

Best Answer

Excellent! I am glad....

Best Answer

Let me know how you are, please.

Best Answer

A friend of mine did, at the same age I am now (53). She said she'd felt slightly nauseous all morning that day, then one arm and shoulder began to ache and cramp. Her husband didn't like the way she was looking and insisted upon driving her to the hospital. When they arrived, she lost consciousness, and was admitted immediately. She ended up having a bypass that evening. She says her husband being home from work saved her life, because she would've ignored the "discomfort" until it was too late.

Best Answer

If you have to ask go to hospital, hard to breath, pressure in chest sweating mild nausea

Best Answer

Unfortunately, my hubby had a silent heart attack, and it left him with much damage. He was exposed to Agent Orange in Viet Nam as a medic, which is known to cause ischemic heart disease, so EKG test sometimesneeded. It could have happened years before we married. We founf out about two years after we were married. Important for people to get check ups, although I knew a man who got a clear bill of health a couple weeks before he went out jogging and he was found dead after he failed to return home. Women's heart attacks sometimes spasms of the main artery, no other symptom.

Best Answer

I had three heart attacks. My original symptoms were "flu-like".<br />
Sweating, hot flushes, lethargy, disorientation .<br />
If in doubt go for check up.<br />
NOW!

Best Answer

Shortness of breath was his only symptom.

Best Answer

don't mess around here if you think your having one...call 911 <br />
Some signs are subtle and can be different for women.

Best Answer

My Dad....chest pain, breathless,pain going down the arm.

Best Answer

Common symptoms are shortness of breath, a pain in chest, often radiating into and down the left arm. Sweating and weakness along with a feeling of lethargy. The problem is that sometimes none of these symptoms manifest, commonly referred to as a "silent heart attack".

Best Answer

UNNECESSARY STRESS.......

Best Answer

Feeling like you got to pool....and sweating.

Best Answer

*poop

Best Answer

The I shouldn't be eating this syndrome.

Best Answer

Uncle did... I think he got a problem with his kidney straight after.

Best Answer