If the distant aunts and uncles told you that they do not have to take care of you because your not their kid or anyone else in the family has to and they are barely helpful would you still associate with them?
XxCupcakeLoverxX XxCupcakeLoverxX 26-30, F 7 Answers Apr 18, 2012

I met my extended family thinking " this is gonna be great I'll get to know them and be part of a bigger family" it was an awakening to find out they didnt give a damn about me and are somewhat mean and petty so I gave up on trying to be part of their lives.

Best Answer

sounds like ungrateful jerks

Best Answer

If I had distant aunts and uncles I might talk to them but I didn't.

Best Answer

No, not me. Family is often less about blood than affinity. That mormon myth about "family is forever" would be a horror if I believed it. Ick.

Best Answer

do mormon's treat their member's like family?

Best Answer

According to a Discovery tv program, there is a lot of inappropriate behavior against girls.

Best Answer

Yes. From personal experience through distant Aunts and Uncles I was able to gain insight about myself and my family. In the end, I keep them distant because I did not see the relationship worth maintaining; however, I learned a lot about myself and my family that I would have never knew otherwise.

Best Answer

Lost my parents early. I didn't know they extended family very well and neither of us has any desire to change that. I live within 20 miles of a couple and have never spoken at all to them. Not really a loss if there was never a connection.

Best Answer

sorry to hear about your parents

Best Answer