My best friend is cheating on her husband and he is away deployed and the problem is I am friends with him too and have the temptation to tell him but don't want to ruin my friendship with my girlfriend, I'm torn but hate to see her doing this to him. Her reasoning is she's lonly.
dianeO90 dianeO90 41-45, F 20 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Affairs

He is deployed, and learning what she is doing will just about kill him. I would think to myself which one of the two friends I want to keep...because you would be taking sides if you tell him once he gets back home. I know, personally, it would make me feel a little sick being friends with a woman who was so immoral she would cheat on her husband.

Best Answer

Their relationship is doomed no matter what. They will waste each others' time for awhile. Just watch out for yourself and duck when the crap hits the fan. You will have to choose between the two. You can't stay friends to both now.

Best Answer

no........that's their problem

Best Answer

It's a marriage? then don't he will come to find that out soon enough! Why don't you start by encouraging your friend to come clean to him instead of you yourself stepping over boundaries! One could assume you want her husband for yourself!?!

Best Answer

Not unless you get off on causing pain.

Best Answer

It is a tricky affair. It's like standing on a cliff. I suggest you to try and talk to your girl friend and convince her to give up on her affair. At least try it out so that later on you don't have regrets if ever their relationship breaks.

Best Answer

yes. he deserves to know.

Best Answer

I wouldn't tell unless I thought he really wanted to know. I know that sounds weird, but not everyone would be receptive to that kind of information from a mutual friend. He also may know she's like this and just not think it's something to talk about. Also, if you think she really is just lonely... perhaps you could discuss healthier ways to cope that won't put her marriage in jeopardy.

Best Answer

hmmmm...tough one....if you do tell, you run the risk of losing friendships....if you don't tell, and he finds out you knew all along, you lost his friendship....and you 'll get to keep the friendship of a cheating, lying woman.....<br />
I don't know for sure what I'd do...<br />
When in doubt, don't do it....don't do anything until you're certain of what you feel is right....

Best Answer

No.<br />
He needs to keep focused on his mission right now.<br />
He can deal with her cheatin (***) later.<br />
Add to that, it seems the messenger is the one that always gets killed.<br />
I understand how you feel. Her cheating is highly offensive. She new he was going to be away, she should still be faithful.

Best Answer

He is in a difficult place right now, it's not your place.

Best Answer

If you were better friends with the girl then the guy don't tell him but if you know the husband better than you know the wife tell him. Because anyway you look at it you'll still have a friend

Best Answer

Sometimes it is best just to MYOB.

Best Answer