woodbutcher7 woodbutcher7 36-40, M 10 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Community

It would be my duty to tell them, even if it strained the relationship.

Best Answer

I would tell them. Several months ago a dear friend of mine who had serious health issues would buy someone who was living with a friend of hers alcohol and cigarette about once or month or so.. She was defensive about it when I said that she shouldn't be buying this for him. Let him pay for his cigarettes and alcohol, I told her. She thought I was being judgmental about the situation. This dear friend had very little money for herself. When she told him she could no longer do this for him, he wasn't so chummy with her after that.

When my friend became very ill, she realized that she'd been taken advantage of by this person who told her that he would be there for her. He wasn't there for her when she got very sick. He might have visited her one time when she was ill. When she died, he was nowhere to be found at her funeral or celebration of life get together. He probably had an excuse for not coming.

Best Answer

that's sad i'm sure she had the right intentions when she was helping that person

Best Answer

Be prepared to lose both of them.

Best Answer

why is that

Best Answer

Well maybe, just maybe, the person being taken advantage of knows it, only won't admit it. You are telling that person something they don't want to hear. And, the person doing the taking advantage of, doesn't want you ruining his/her thing. So, tread carefully here. Often the messenger is the one who is sacrificed.

Best Answer

well i'm the person being taken advantage of and people know this and choose to be quite for whatever reason

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that.

Best Answer

I've always kept quiet even if I knew.

If it would happen again, I think I would end up saying it.

Best Answer

if i thought they'd listen to me

Best Answer

why wouldn't they listen to you.

Best Answer

if they really trusted the person who was taking advantage of them, they might resent my interference

Best Answer

i can understand that but but still should hear you out

Best Answer

Am I the one taking advantage of them? If yes, then no.

Best Answer

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Best Answer

OK, I guess I should type s l o w e r.
What didn't you understand?

Best Answer

tell them and make them listen

Best Answer