I'm doing this experiment where I'm going 3 months without smoking. And all my dreams are so much more vivid now.
drsen drsen 18-21, M 10 Answers May 11, 2011

Oh, goodness. I am almost 4 weeks into quitting smoking cigarettes and my dreams have been vivid every night. It's exhausting! Only three have been me actually smoking, thank goodness.

Best Answer

The nicotine in cigarettes directly influences your central nervous system, so when you quit you can definitely expect to see some neurological symptoms, and I don't see why REM sleep and dreaming shouldn't be a part of that. I am however curious as to how you were able to 'scientifically prove' it. Did you do it yourself?

Best Answer

i used one o them nicotine patches to help me quit. and my dreams were notably different. i always have elaborate dreams but these were lurid, intense, bizarre in a different way. ive talked to other people who have used the patch and they concurr that their dreams were odd as well. <br />
pretty neat!

Best Answer

I used to smoke for 7 years and quit 2 years ago. I can't say I remember dreams more vividly from not consuming nicotine, BUT when I consume caffeine or hot sauce/peppers I remember my dreams... and they seem to be more out of whack, too.

Best Answer

Hmm,, interesting.

Best Answer