I've been on dating sites for over a year and have only had 2 dates. Everyone I message looks at the message but doesn't reply. I cannot believe I am that ugly so maybe I'm doing something wrong - i was with a nice girl for 10 years, so she must have seen something nice!??? It's really depressing me now :(
Lennon80 Lennon80 36-40, M 6 Answers Mar 21 in Community

just say everything you are not, and say cool and totally alot!

Best Answer

I'm around the same age and I also stayed with the same woman for 7 years. I truly thought the relationship would lead to marriage so when it ended instead I was pretty bummed. I have tried a couple dating sites before and live in a pretty populated area but I never had more than a first date with anyone. I would say to message more people but even if you get them to respond they usually lie about themselves and show up looking like a monster. That can be even more disheartening especially in a public place. I had this one girl show up all acne scarred and overweight, she was like "I saw you through the window, you look exactly like your picture!" Needless to say, I changed the subject. After she ran up a $100+ tab she was like "I had a great time, lets do this again" and gave me an assout hug. The nerve of this creature, can you believe she wasn't even trying to put out after that, YUCK! I would say, don't take it personal, get out and meet people in real life, and wait patiently for another good thing to come your way.

Best Answer

Youre not ugly at all from your picture but on the dating website, don't wear sunglasses in the pic because girls like me will wonder what you're trying to hide. <br />
What does your profile say about you? Maybe us ladies can give you some pointers/help

Best Answer

No, I've included about 3 or 4 pics but photos don't really do me justice. lol. My profile is just stuff about what I like and what I'm about, nothing creepy or anything. I just think it may be the fact I'm only 5ft8 and a lot of women seem to like taller men so they can wear heels (or at least that's what they say in their own profiles). I'm at a loss. I just wish I could go on a date with some of the women and they'd soon fall for my charm. lol Ok, don't be sick now!

Best Answer

maybe you're at the wrong dating sites. Some datings sites women don't take seriously because they are known to have men only wanting one thing.

Best Answer

I don't think it's your height

Best Answer

yes, maybe although I've been on 2 others. I think people are right that I need to get out more and meet people in real life. Easier said than done, trying to talk to women in pubs! :)

Best Answer

Don't get creepy, don't get too personal, don't include weird hobbies that only a few select girls might be interested in (unless that's what you're trying to find).

Best Answer

What are you saying in the message… that would be an important part of this…

Best Answer

"hey bb. You wanna taste the syrup from my soda fountain?"

Best Answer

Just stuff about myself, my interests (movies and Tv stuff I like, music, etc), really stuff to sell myself. :)

Best Answer

yes, i may as well :)

Best Answer