spyinthehouseoflove spyinthehouseoflove 16-17, F 11 Answers Jul 12, 2011

at 17, in most places in North America, you can go see a judge and request emancipation. No judge will deny it if there's a reported history or if they inspect the home and see unhealthy behavior going on. You can always call child protective services on your own parents. That works too. Or talk to someone at your school whom you trust. You shouldn't have had to deal with this for this long (or at all really). If it's that bad you shouldn't go back.

Best Answer

let me rephrase that... in this day and age no COMPETENT Judge would deny it if the abuse is reported, documented and proven. If you can show some sort of abuse has been going on you're all set.

Best Answer

ive tried and things only got worse. so if i go now, and dont come back at least till im 18. i dont mean come back home. i mean come back to where i live to see my friends and what not. if the cops were looking for me. i cant get in trouble if im 18 can i?

Best Answer

this might help... I don't know that there are too many ppl on EP able to give real legal advice. I would think that you would be fine at 18 to come back...but i'm really not sure. try here: http://chat.lawinfo.com/can_18_year-t1808/index.html?s=4a13553374caae069536d5e91c01cd5d&

Best Answer

and good luck to you!!

Best Answer

I think if you run away at 17 , the only legal trouble you can get in is you would be sent back to your parents, therefore if your 18 , then I don't really see what legal trouble you could be in. But yeah, why run away just to come back a yr later. Just wait till your 18 and legally run away.

Best Answer

i mean like run away charges, if im 17 and run away and cops are looking for me, and i come back sometime after im 18 would i legally get in trouble?

Best Answer

and what if we run away from cps at 17 and come back at 18

Best Answer

Well i have ran away before when i was younger and was tooken back to my parents however if you run away at 17 and stay gone long enough till you turn 18 then your pretty much good lol a run away is a child and seeing as how you are no longer a child your run away charges will be thrown out the window haha good luck(: my advice find a safe place to stay and dont leave the house make sure you can depend on that person and your parents dont know them that way the police wont think to look there

Best Answer

Makes sense to me if thats your situation. Problem is I'm 16 and my resins aren't the kind you can see and don't have anything to do with my parents, I just don't belong were I am. Home isn't home, U know? Maybe its the emotional issues I had a year ago, or the fact any resin I have left to live isn't here anymore, or maybe the only things holding me here are my little sister, the law ,and my friends. The best part is I'm that really goody to shoes kid who would be caught dead doing something like this but when talking doesn't resolve the issues, even though i don't want to hurt people ,I can't figure my life out staying here. Any advice spyinthehouseoflove?

Best Answer

me personaly i dont think you will because you are a legal adult when you are 18 it will be taken off your record because it is a mistamener but you will have to repeat a year of school which sucks i am 17 and i ran and the cops only look hard for you for the first couple of months then kinda leave it alone i mean because i have had alot of friends that ran my fiance ran also she ran to me and i hid her she was only found because of my acomplise snitched on us and it back fiered on him he did jail time and i didnt but as long as you run until you are 18 you will be fine unless you get caught you could be sent home or you may be sent to jail for a night or two or be sent to fostercare till your 21 or 18 depends on who you are as a person

Best Answer

My son ranaway from home at 16 4 days before christmas. No abuse.... no beatings.... everyone was happy. He ran away because of a girl who was a drop out, had no curfew and wanted to get knocked up. I have been dealing with runaway children ever since and the scenarios rarely change. You say "abuse" and that no judge would ever help you... not true. A huge percentage of runaways come from good homes where they felt they were being abused for having to do dishes or make their beds or even brush their teeth and even study or do their homework. Your a classic example of what is wrong with the world today....... You run instead of facing your issues. Keep running and spare your parents the grief

Best Answer

I have the same idea you have for your issue but a did senerio mind if I ask?

Best Answer

trunning away is not a crime, once you are 18 they could not even detain you for being a runaway. the worst that will happen is they will send you back if you are caught before your 18th birthday. after that, they can check that you are ok, but cannot hold you.

Best Answer

if ur 17 and run away and then come back at 18 im going to treat u like an 18 year old

and kick ur ***

then hug and kiss u

Best Answer