do you assume that perhaps she is oppressed, or does her appearance make you feel uncomfortable? do you judge her or keep your distance?
Suba Suba 22-25, F 111 Answers Jun 15, 2012

i think...<br />
there's a muslim woman in a headscarf.<br />
why would i think anything different?

Best Answer

look at the other answers, many dfferent opinions

Best Answer

as always...it's interesting to see where people are coming from

Best Answer

yep interesting indeed!

Best Answer

I don't really think much. It's their business. I've seen fashionable women that are able to incorporate beautiful head scarfs into their outfit and look fantastic. And I don't think wearing a headscarf is demeaning. I've seen powerful, career women wear them. But I hate Burka's. They just seem so heavy and hot. I can't imagine why anyone would want to wear one.

Best Answer

haha! yh but i wasn't asking about the Burka - they remind me of punks lol a bit like 'eff you society'

Best Answer

Yes, yes! Burka's scare me because I always wonder who is wearing them. But honestly, I couldn't even care about them as long as who is wearing them is happy!!! :)

Best Answer

good well i'm sure they are happy otherwise they wouldn't be wearing them, if people think theyre 'oppressed' wouldnt they take it off the first chance when they leave their home....

Best Answer

I think a lot of them do take them off the first chance they get. lol

Best Answer

Only God knows when she's having a bad hair day. <br />
Most women who wear headscarves walk like they can kick your butt, so maybe it's like an Islamic superhero cape or something...

Best Answer

haha i can see where you're coming from

Best Answer

Wow, funny how ppl just assume everything--and kind of shameful too. It reminds me of how ppl used to think all blacks were dumb, backwards, violent etc. Its just a fear of what you dont know. I know many, MANY hijabis, they have very happy home lives and solid families. I have also heard of a few cases of abuse. However, growing up american, I knew of MANY MANY families where the woman was getting absolutely pummeled by her husband. Yet, if anyone saw her walking down the street on an average day they would think, hey theres a normal free woman? Wake up ppl, really. And for every muslimah who IS covering, there are one or two who ARENT, especially in USA and UK--no one is forcing those sisters. How many of you said, hey, by the way, why DO muslim women cover?? Everyone just assumes they know.

Best Answer

bang on! i agree! it's freedom of choice

Best Answer

The first thing that goes through my head is that she is a Muslim. Beyond that I assume she must be comfortable that way since she was likely brought up to believe it's appropriate for a female to dress that way.

Best Answer

nicely put

Best Answer

I assume she must be a very nice woman because she is so religious. I also assume she is somewhat submissive, to submit to covering her body up for her religion. I also am very curious to see what she would look like with the scarf off. If her whole body is covered, I assume she is even more religious & submissive. It's kind of a turn-on, to see a woman with old fashioned values. I wonder if she is in good physical shape, or does she let her body go, since only her husband will see her body. I wonder if she shaves her legs or underarms or trim her pubic hair. I wonder if I should become muslim, & meet women like this.

Best Answer

...lol gets creepy, you wonder a lot.

Best Answer

OK, so I didn't word-smith my answer as well as I could have, but you were the one that asked what was going through my mind. That's what always goes through my mind whenever I see a Muslim woman in traditional garb. I think they're sexy &amp; attractive.

Best Answer

hey you know what,i like you,here's a smile :)

Best Answer

A few things come to mind. Part of me thinks it's beautiful that a woman would cover herself in an act of virtue, showing her full beauty to only her husband and God. At a risk of sounding ignorant, there are a few very warm days in the year when I look and wonder how hot they may be.

Best Answer

nicely put

Best Answer

None of the above.<br />
I just think, "Muslim". Nothing more, nothing less.

Best Answer

Without knowing her personally I would just assume she was going about her normal life.

Best Answer

I think she is beautiful and I wish I was more like her..I wish I could wear prayer head covering proudly, without inhibitions..I respect women that can and do..I automatically think they are good women..

Best Answer

nicely put! try it one day i'm sure you'll be able to rock it out just like them

Best Answer

Just a headscarf? I wouldn't even notice... A burka? Not good... I like being in a society where I can can see the face of the person who is coming up behind me... But just the scarf can be quite lovely and fashionable.

Best Answer

fair enough :)

Best Answer

I've seen some women look just beautiful in them. And I appreciate the modesty they wish to convey... :)

Best Answer

:) wish everyone shared your views

Best Answer

Love the scarf, and her eyes are madeup perfectly, is that MAC?

Best Answer

most of the time! :) urban decay eye shadows do the trick also!

Best Answer

They are the best! The pigments are great and it goes on bright as it looks without going to the crease or having to reapply!

Best Answer

urban decay... is everything a girl who loves eye makeup can want! bobby brown eyeliner is also a personal fave!

Best Answer

Yess! All good makeup is MAC! ;-)

Best Answer

I don't think about it. From 6th grade to 10th grade, I knew a lot of Muslims. It just became natural. It's actually weirder living in a town with no Muslims at all. If I saw a woman with the complete covering (only showing her eyes and hands), it would be odd. But it's their religion's requirements, so why judge?

Best Answer

it's not a requirement to hide the face, that is soley the preference of the woman wearing it

Best Answer

Doesn't bother me ....I just always think...she must be hot as hell !! (In a temperature way...that's for all u pervs) lol

Best Answer

How do you know its a women in the first place when they are fully covered in a Berka

Best Answer

discussing the headscarf that does NOT cover the face

Best Answer

Wondering if she feel anxious being the only one wearing that and the target of many's attention.

Best Answer

true, i'm sure they realise everyone staring at them

Best Answer

IS SHE BALD?

Best Answer

lol i'm sure they're not - most of the time!

Best Answer

I get all jelly and wish I could rock a headscarf like that.

Best Answer

haha try it one day see what it feels like

Best Answer

When I see Muslim women cover their head I think they like Mary . Religious principles and Chastity.

Best Answer

One day that will be me

Best Answer

i take it you want to wear a headscarf then

Best Answer

Not yet...but soon

Best Answer

that's sad

Best Answer

I think its beautiful. A sign of honor, purity, respect, and secrecy. These woman are always beautiful to me. Long gorgeous hair and devout to their beliefs. Great mothers and wives. I think its awesome.

Best Answer