how do you handle it? any tips on how to deal with it? thnx:)
veronica4ever veronica4ever 22-25, F 6 Answers May 20, 2012

Sociopaths have immature brains. The `thinking and the reasoning bits` just are not there. The grey matter, the bit that covers the brain and is responsible for our thoughts and actions has severe shortages either through genetic inheritance or a successful way of life that avoids learning and the concept of taking responsibility. So you can limit your expectations and any hurt that might follow, or you can `nurse` him/her in the only way that exerts control over them, and that is with authority; no discussions, just do as I say mode. Always start from the premise that they are lying or laying the blame for whatever on someone else. Just watch them `come to heel!` It`s the only way honestly. Once `rumbled` they will try to draw out your compassion and make you feel that your attitude is unreasonable. Have non of it. If the person is a loved one the experience can be sapping and if you feel that it`s all too much for you, don`t get dragged down, ask for professional help and don`t feel guilty.

Best Answer

never had one.......but i suspected?.......i'd take notes.....hide in the floorboards....sleep with one eye open.......probably have a contact at the police station.....sleep with a weapon

Best Answer

I truly believe my bf is a sociopath--he seems to have no conscience at all - can't see the things he does as wrong.

Best Answer

you should break up with him before you end up like my sister inlaw whom can't even go to the store by herself. she is truely my sociopathic brother's slave.

Best Answer

Oh-I can go to the store--he equates that as my fun time to justify his going out without me 4 nights a week and not coming home until he feels like it. "You go out" he says--that's just a small part of the way he thinks.

Best Answer

well atleast he is not a control freak. my brother would never leave his wife alone. not even when he works she has to come with him and be near him. right now he is a cab driver and has her with him at all times.

Best Answer

I keep away from her

Best Answer

for now i have no choice but to be in their presence but hopefully if everything goes according to plan i'll be able to stay away from him for good.

Best Answer