atheism is also a kind of religion...........

Best Answer

Yes, and they can be just as adamant and fervent and devout as the most fanatical Christian or Muslim or Jew.

Best Answer

Thats one definition, and one the religiously minded seem to take great pleasure in.

Best Answer

If atheism is a kind of religion then asymmetry is some kind of symmetry....

Best Answer

correct,...........assymetry is nt a by product.......its a part of symmetry..........

Best Answer

You guys just left me in your dust. What I meant is that some Atheists are just as adamant as the most fervent religious people. Some are even more so.

Best Answer

religious beliefs not or should not, affect testifying accurately or honestly,,, the right hand on a bible is just symbolism

Best Answer

that's prolly how i'd look at it...the only time i ever testified, it was a trivial little traffic thing that i didn't have a personal stake in...i just did the bible oath rather than make a big deal about making a solemn affirmation instead

Best Answer

yep,, I did the same,, the couple of x's I was called to testify ( not in traffic court lol )

Best Answer

There are provisions for non-religious oath taking. Making a solemn promise to tell the truth is legally acceptable and binding.

Best Answer

Not necessarily. Just because you are an Athiest, doesn't automatically make you a liar. If the court makes you place your hand on a bible, and swear, and you don't believe in the bible, it doesn't mean you lied. They could as easily have you swear on a dictionary, and it would still be as binding. I don't know why they still insist on using the bible or any religious text for swearing in. Whatever happened to separation of state and church?

Best Answer

There is no requirement to place your hand on a religious text and swear to a god. Your word to swear to tell the truth and only the truth is as legally binding and purjory has the same consequences.

Best Answer

That's what I would think. So, can you just say 'no I won't place my hand on a bible'? I am in Canada, and I have no idea how the courts work here, let alone anywhere else.

Best Answer

you just beat the system...... ;)

Best Answer