Just for the record, I would NOT like to try a double dose of my BP meds, I don't think my heart could take it.
xxorama xxorama 46-50, M 10 Answers Apr 26, 2012

You should never double dose any skipped medication. EVER. It may not kill you but it can cause serious damage. Medications that are supposed to be taken spaced out are prescribed so that your body and effectively utilize and process them. 5mg of one medicine can be more dangerous than 30mg of another. It depends on the medication. If you are not sure about the specific medication then contact your pharmacist.

Best Answer

You are the Knight's wife, your reputation precedes you

Best Answer

I am married to KingofSwords.

Best Answer

: )

Best Answer

It depends on the medication, and the dosage prescribed. Some can kill you, some won't. If it's a low dosage (say 5mg) then it probably won't effect you enough to kill you.

And again, in regards to skipping treatment, it depends on what the tratment is for? And again the medication & dosage :)

Best Answer

It does depend on the medication as 5 mg of one is not necessarily the same as 500mg of another

Best Answer

Double dosing can be dangerous. Depending on what you take you could end up dead. Unless you have a death wish, I would follow my doctor's orders. If you believe he has sold you bag of bad goods then go see a different doctor. Skipping treatment doesn't sound like a good thing. If you have cancer and you skip a treatment that would not be good. If you skip dialysis, you could die.

Best Answer

Depends on your height, weight and the medication. I can only imagine the anxiety a double dose of hypertensive medication would cause!

Best Answer

Because of my total dosage, I would be very concerned.

Best Answer

No and yes, respectively.

Best Answer

I'm taking homeopathic medicine. If I forget to take it, I'll die of an overdose! ;)

Best Answer