I am menopausal and my period is 2 weeks late, there is a slim chance that I could be pregnant and have taken several pregnancy tests but they all come out negative. How reliable are these tests, can they be wrong?
bebitz bebitz 41-45, F 11 Answers Apr 15, 2009

YES.....I was seven months and still showing neg

Best Answer

YES!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I tested negative at 3 months.... Finally, got tired of being sick all the time and went to the doctor. I even had my period(thru the 6th month)... Make an appointment asap hun... And to Penny...that was quite mean spirited of ya... Not too nice at all...

Best Answer

Just go to the Dr instead of asking it here. Could be as simple as your body did not ovulate, which means no release of egg in order to have a period. BUT YOU WILL NOT KNOW UNLESS YOU GO TO THE DR---listen to the nurse here.

Best Answer

Probably not! But there is always a chance!<br />
Go to a dr.

Best Answer

The tests are very reliable....just like the one's in doctor's offices....<br />
If you are menopausal, your symptoms of late, or even missing periods are totally normal. They become less dependable, and they can last longer/shorter than they used to...Just about anything goes, with your period....once you are menopausal. I went on "estroven" (can buy it at Walmart)...it's all natural, soy...and it is full of phytoestrogens (plant estrogens), and it mimics the effect of estrogen in our bodies....(it does not affect our natural estrogen levels)....My doctor recommended it. It also helps with sleeping, and hot flashes.

Best Answer

Yes.<br />
Four kids at eight months pregnant. Urine tests showing not pregnant. Could be that after 18 years the test have changed.

Best Answer

they are very accurate if used right. they pick up you HCG levels which are given off by the pregnancy.. the HCG level rises as the pregnancy progresses..the best advice i could give is if you are unsure see a ob-gyn and be tested there. You can still get pregnant when you are menopausal and not in full menopause which is considered to be without your menses for a full year (which should be confirmed by a doctor)

Best Answer