It does still affect me. My most persistent bully was my big brother. He is dead now, but still comes into my dreams as a "bullying" type. And in my dreams, I am still as angry about it as ever. <br />
The other people who were bullies bullied my friends moreso than me, but my anger for the main characters there hasn't gone away. I still think occasionally how I might like to punch a couple of them, just for old time's sake. <br />
So yes, it affects my life. And it has made me a LOT less tolerant and much more quick to respond to bullying. It's one thing that got me out of my last relationship. He was a narcissistic emotional bully, and though I had been in love with him for a long time, I recognized the bullying for what it was, and somehow managed to get away from him....though it made me feel borderline suicidal at the time. Really did love him, but I have decided that I will NEVER submit to that sort of treatment.

Best Answer

I understand. I was bullied mercilessly in grammar school- it still impacts me

Best Answer

I can feel dispassionately about my school days bullying; and yet I hate the concept and can react pretty vigorously when I see it happening - and yet there is a sense of caution not to get involved in a fight that I might lose, with disastrous consequences to my person... Some of these people are without compassion and don't care if they hurt you. its a form of cruelty and abuse.<br />
While watching TV, I have been known to get up and expostulate when the villain threatens people with a gun, thinking that that gives him the power to make them do whatever he pleases... My wife used to tell me to calm down on those occasions, so it was quite a triggering for me...<br />
But its interesting... I live in a small community; and one of the people I am to interact with pleasantly I immediately sensed was a bullying type - from his large physique, to his smile and rather loud manner, to the way he verbally "stated his case" when we came head to head on a matter of principle that I was not about to give in on. It makes me nervous and guarded when he is near; and when I see that his car is not in the parking lot, it gives a sense of relief.

Best Answer

I still am teen and I get bullied - about my sexuality. But no matter of fact I am maybe too emotional nature. I've build the habit to not show emotions in front of people (in real life - here no one knows me). I might cry with hours when I'm alone but I don't let even a tear when someone is watching. I've used to do that because of the way parents and other people tread me. It might affect my life foreword, but It makes me stronger and smarter; It learns me to not believe to people and be strong.

Best Answer

I'm sorry for what you're going through :( You're right, it makes us stronger and wiser...we also tend to be more compassionate, since we know how it hurts.

Best Answer

Yeah...

Best Answer

It still holds me back for fear of what people will do if I ever really followed my heart-the bullying plus a mother that sided with them ("You must have done something to make them hate you") still resonates 40 years later.

Best Answer

I had a teacher telling me that, if I was bullied more than once, it was probably because something was wrong with me. I will never forget that too...but I know that, in fact, something was wrong WITH THEM bullies and teacher, because I still can't figure out a good reason for assaulting a person, unless he or she assaults you first.

Best Answer

Approps- I just read in the paper of a 16 year old that jumped in front a bus because of cyber bullying- I doubt I could have survived the technology

Best Answer

Doubtless the teacher was bullied and was not subconsciously "cool"-

Best Answer

I was walking down the hall one day and this rather big 12th grader grabbed me in a neck choke and lifted me off the floor,,,I was about to pass out when a teacher intervened and he let me go,,,another time this ring of rednecks had me in the middle of their circle pushing me back and forth,,,one boy had a syringe about to shoot air into my veins,,when Mr. Riddle a large Jewish history teacher reached in and pulled me to safety,,,I was in several fist fights in middle and high school,,,this was sorta normal...boys fist fighting wasn't that big of deal,,,it happened,,,people got beat up,,,girls and boys alike,,,now our kids are made to believe we live in some kind of perfect world where injustice doesn't exist,,,,I was taught to fight back,,,if I came home crying about a bully,,I'd get my arse whipped again,,,,so I fought back and the bullying stopped,,,,

Best Answer

I look back and laugh, i was very traumatised and scared to stick up for myself but now nobody even tries it, i have such an anger issue people tend to know where to tread.

Best Answer

Sorry for the Bully,,,<br />
He must have a very lonely life now...!!!

Best Answer

It still hurts a bit, and when I look back onto my teeange years, I hate them. I also hate bullying and I am trying yo bring up my own child to be aware of other peoples feelings, and that words can have consequences on other peoples lives. It took me a very very long time to get my confidence and self esteem back.

Best Answer

I don't know if I was bullied or not, but I was not popular, anti-social and shy .. had friends but not a lot <br />
always scored the highest points on IQ tests though I always felt stupid at the time .. I'm the opposite now, and have no remaining friends at all from the past, all new friends, kinda living a new life, it hurts though looking back on how I was .. it affects me sometimes but it's just life =]

Best Answer

Yes, I am still battling with the nastiness of it. I have moved on but words hurt and though I am attractive, slim and lost the pimples these days...your self esteem can go back to those days where you were bullied and bring back the memories so it is something you have to work on long term.

Best Answer

I was bullied as a Child only in Catholic School. The select few that bullied me were coy in their tactics. As an Adult it bothered me sometimes, but now I've forgiven them all and dont think about it anymore.

Best Answer

well I haven't been bullied since I was a child <br />
but if I was well I'll feel bad about it

Best Answer

It gave me the courage to do things I would've never done if I hadn't been bullied. Smashing car windows, getting involved in street fights, attacking the corrupt Malaysian government... and, most of all, savagely kill off the bullies one by one...<br />
I want to become a coward again. I don't want to be a monster. What can I say? Society is a bad ******* place.

Best Answer