I was disabled from military service. My limited income made me really evaluate where I could afford to live. Military travels had exposed me to 35 different countries, so it really didn't seem that much of a stretch for me to consider moving. Think you would consider it?
DAVinThePI DAVinThePI 51-55, M 11 Answers May 14, 2011

I would have done the same thing, myself, except that I cannot abandon family stuck here in this country, and the citizenship requirements of other countries are often pretty unfriendly. Those are the only things keeping me here at this point.

Best Answer

Costa Rica baby, they'll give you citizenship if your on a fixed income. 75-80 degrees every single day and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is dirt cheap. I'm saving up to go there with my daughter. If your serious email and we'll all go together. I've researched Costa Rica over a year now. I get my passport this tuesday. Anything you wanna kno jus ask meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Best Answer

Is there a dark side to Costa Rica?

Best Answer

Every place has a dark side. I'll take Costa Rica over the usa anyday

Best Answer

Perhaps but i couldnt go alone

Best Answer

I'm going and would love to have someone go with me.

Best Answer

yes i love my country (Canada) ......but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, eh? ;-)

Best Answer

What about health issues..if your in need of specialist and all that...can you get medical help in the other countries as well?

Best Answer

I couldn't make a decision ba<x>sed on the three countries I have experienced so I'll stay put. You have 35 countries to choose from.

Best Answer

i am on disability, but i don't think the government lets you keep your ssdi if you move out of the us

Best Answer

Actually, I've lived in the Philippines for almost 12 years now. It's not a problem for Social Security, and they have an office in the US Embassy as does VA. We also have here in Manila, the only VA medical facility outside the United States (and territories).

Best Answer

check it out. in canada its portable.

Best Answer