No, I would never allow that to happen. I dealt with my issues when I was 14 (call it my road to damascus) I sat on a grassy hill-top and figured it all out. I must have been blessed ... I truly must have :)<br />
Good question<br />
~F~

Best Answer

a while back
i had some councelling
to try to deal with things
that i had gone through
as a child/teenager/adult.
and at first they ask you about
your childhood memories etc
and then i offered to write a letter to my mum
that the counceller told me that i would never
send her, it was more of a "get it all out thing"
as if i was going to send it to her, instead
she asked me to read that letter out aloud to her as
and asked me if i would choose away of disposing of this
you know, throwing it in the river,or burn it,well i actually didnt want my children
to get a hold of this as it had things in it really sensitive things,so i asked for it
to be filed with all my records in the councellors office.
any how sorry for going around in circles a bit here, the next thing she asked me
was if i wanted to go into any therapy classes, maybe groups discussions,or
cognitive behavioural therapy, well i really didnt fancy talking to strangers about a lot of things i had gone through
because of the serious nature and well i asked about the cognitive therapy,now i have never heard of this,
so she gave me an example and asked me to take myself by the hand as a child and i just filled with tears :(

Best Answer

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad time ... trust me, I can relate. One day I will put this chapter of my life into the Stories section. And when I do I'll let you know so you can go and read it. It mighe encourage you ((hugs)) just because Xx ~F~

Best Answer

well, since you want to get help with this, I believe you will. I will tell you that some of the pain and memories may never stop bothering you completely, but the intensity of some of them can decrease. There must be at least one or two helpful books. One author that comes to mind is Joyce Meyer. She writes about lots of things, but she has an abusive upbringing and shares things that helped her in a few of her books, I think.

Best Answer

the things that i have been through are so complex
and they stemmed from the age of six,but different people where
related to these and at different times, iam 46, i have only told one
counceller, before her i was put to see a man in the same practice, who when i first went through a small amount of what i went through, just came out right and said to me" what goes on inside your knickers is your own affair", now to get to the point here, in my opinion that statement shouldnt have come from someone in a job of that sort.
and in the past when i have tried to read certain pages of books people have advised i look through, i have to stop because i cant bare to read the descriptive text, it makes me feel sick.

Best Answer

thanks
i shall look for Joyce Meyer and try my best to read some, :

Best Answer

Sadly yes!

Best Answer

hey (hugging you)
your in great company welcome :)

Best Answer

Sometimes yes. Probably has affected me more than I realise.

Best Answer

me too :(

Best Answer

But who knows. It could be for the better in some instances.

Best Answer

Sometimes it does a bit. My issues are mainly dealt with but I probably handle stressful or aggressive situations worse than I would have if I hadnt had certain situations in my life. Sometimes it will be the most random seemingly harmless thing that can sometimes spark a reaction in me but I wont let my past ruin my present or my future

Best Answer

do you know, i have teenagers(hmm say no more)
well even when sometimes my daughter raises her voice, i feel myself reverting, i just bite my lip and take in as much breath as i can whilest gritting my teeth,,,
i will not let my children see me like that

Best Answer

i find it easier to cover my reaction to things when my children are present because I dont want them to pick up on my fears so that kicks in. I have found I am stronger as a mother but still not invincible

Best Answer

yes i agree. its tough !

Best Answer

yes, thing from my childhood that bothered me still affect me when anything remotely similar occurs. The emotions I feel are the same as when I was a child, so my behavior is very unexplainable at times. Maybe that's why I am a virtual loner now.

Best Answer

aw, hey, i know where your coming from , truly i do
its hard to get those who havnt "been" there, to understand
and even if they do, what can they do?

Best Answer