After you win the Power Ball Lottery for your state. Would you claim the winning ticket right away, and draw all the publicity to yourself? Or, keep it hidden from your family and friends for a couple months, and research how to spend it wisely?
michaelcoh michaelcoh 61-65, M 11 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Community

Take care of my immediate expenses and bank the rest.

Best Answer

in la.they steal it all,no chance of winning more than$5.oo.

Best Answer

I'd make sure it was secure after giving one-third of it away to a few family, friends, and three charities I know; then I'd travel for about three years and stay for 45 to 90 days or so in about twenty different countries some for fun like Singapore, Japan, and Italy and some for working with a community that may need help for example in Vietnam, South America, and Africa.

Best Answer

I already know how to use it wisely so that's not an issue. Really depends on how much I got exactly what I'd do with it. I'd take out enough to secure the future of my wife, daughter and myself and then I'd spread some around close family and friends. The rest I would look at setting up a sustainable charitable fund and spend much of my free time (when I'm not travelling and skiing around the world) dispensing money to charities I support.

Best Answer

Claim the money right away... I'd already have it spent out and have my investments ready before I can even get the check cashed.

Best Answer

Hire a financial adviser

Best Answer

NOT be paying TAXES as we don't pay TAX on winning any lotteries down under <br />
Travel to America

Best Answer

Keep it hidden from family/friends for a while. Donate to what I believe in. Buy a nice house and put the rest away.

Best Answer