daisyflowrs daisyflowrs 36-40, F 50 Answers Jul 9, 2012

Role Play....He'll catch on real quick how things would be soooo different if you were dead.

Best Answer

Hmmm......like Reader's Theatre. I like it!

Best Answer

Exactly!!! At that age when you make it "real" for them it sticks much better. Hope it helps :)

Best Answer

Revise my parenting

Best Answer

Yes! To what? Less affection? Less super-comfy-hugs and kisses? Less playing, swimming, t-ball, reading, museums (he loves museums so it's not punishment), positive behavioral support? Should I give him toy guns, swords, etc.? What???

Best Answer

I meant it as a joke but since you asked... Start off by making sure he understands that is a mean thing to say to a person and try to get him to understand the difference between what is and isn't acceptable.

Best Answer

Did that. Do that. I hope this is a phase. I don't want to have to hide all knives in kitchen and lock my bedroom door at night. My baby!!!!

Best Answer

hide all knives in kitchen and lock my bedroom door at night

Best Answer

Sleep with one eye open...

Best Answer

I said that all the time to my friends in the army!

Best Answer

; )

Best Answer

Ask him if he knows what it means "to kill someone" and see what his answer is, and then tell him what it means to you when he says it. But where to go from here really depends on two things... 1. Why he is saying it (is he angry? does he think its cute? is he just parroting something he heard someone else say?) and 2. his current maturity level (can you explain to him that terroristic threats (i.e. threatening to hurt someone, if it is possible that you could do what you say, even if you don't actually do it) are still punishable; and 3. Your overall perspective on life... hard to tell you child that God doesn't like it when we think and talk like that if you don't believe in God...

Best Answer

I did ask if he understood what he was saying. He defined it perfectly and told me how he was going to kill me. He said he was angry. He understands that if he threatens to kill the president but doesn't kill him, he still goes to prison. I'm not very religious but he has questions about God. I really don't know God and Jesus "stuff". I have a kid bible and read stories to him. I never knew Adam had a wife when he was with Eve. My son asked many questions about that!!!!

Best Answer

If he was angry, it might help to explain to him that sometimes you get angry at him... but that even when you are most angry (when he broke something you loved, or when he hurt you by wanting to kill you) you still loved him very much and that anger passes, but love endures. Tell him that sometimes we do things and we later regret those things... and sometimes we can tell someone we are sorry, and they forgive us, and everything will be okay... but killing someone is forever, and no matter how sorry we are, it will not bring them back. Ask him what kinds of things might make him feel better when he is angry and come up with a plan of action. Remind him of times when he was angry before, but then how he felt happy afterwards. As for religion, If there is a church near, even if you do not go... he can go, but I wouldn't recommend that...I think its important to know what message the church is putting out there before turning them lose on your kids. So again, you have to deal with your morals, while your child is developing his. I think it is pretty safe when you talk about religion to say that many things about God - and religion - remain a mystery... even to people who have studied it for years and years and years... but there are somethings that most religions agree on and that is that God loves us, and wants us to love one another. That we should talk to God (pray) for direction in our lives.... whatever it is you believe, or do not believe... The older your children get, the more things you are going to have to say I don't really know the answer to that one... lets find out together. Perhaps you will develop a joy of learning and that will be something good and constructive you can do together! At any rate, it sounds like he has a good enough grasp on the situation and on what he is saying that you can let him know that is unacceptable to say he wants to or that he will kill someone and he has to find another method of expressing himself and stick to your guns (is that an appropriate thing to say here?)...and at the very least, he must be removed to isolation until he feels more in control of his emotions... send him to his room for half hour and talk again... deny him the privilge of playing with other children for the afternoon because you are afraid he might want to kill them too.... IDK... but I am sure you will figure it out. Definitely not something he should be allowed to continue saying until he outgrows it though...

Best Answer

clarify to your son ; Anger is Normal and every one gets mad, then show the proper way to be angry for example, ,,, scribble on a paper, grab an old newspaper and rip it up fast and with lots of energy, tell him to tell you, NOT YELLING but with a scrunched up face I AM ANGRY!!! Tell him there is no punishment at all to be angry or mad, we are human. However, Kill.? for a 5 year old.... Immediate 5 min time out, make this an unpleasant Serious, mad faced event . no talking, no crying, sit ! also let him know it is prison time for any one to threaten any one with kill. not just the president. and remind him to be angry is a feeling.... to kill is an action. My sons both have done this ONCE! it is easy for a little guy to be confused with what the rite action for that feeling could be... Re: Your "kids" Bible, this can be a fun and terrific way to introduce values, teach rite and wrong choices, and create an interest in God, and his Love toward us. one more thing... let your son know that as the president is in charge of the USA, Momma is in charge of this HOME. ;)

Best Answer

He is getting this from someone or something- a friend, schoolyard, a game, something. You cannot control his environment 24/7...and if you are, no wonder he wants to kill you

Best Answer

Well that depends, What kind of media is he exposed too? or other adults? maybe he overheard it said somewhere? I would call his doctor.

Best Answer

kill him first

Best Answer

Sleep with one eye open ; )<br />
Or, being serious don't worry about it, he has obviously picked the phrase from somewhere and knows the shock value of it, of the reaction he is getting.<br />
Ask him why?<br />
Ask him what he would do if you weren't there for him.<br />
Tell him you love him.<br />
Give him a hug and a smile.

Best Answer

I said that to my dad one time... Just before I went to the hospital for having that screwdriver removed from my ***.

Best Answer

"time out " and we would have a chat to understand that that is something that is serious...and shouldn't be said by children nor adults...allow him to know if mommy goes away she can never come back.....hope this helps.....HUGS, KIC

Best Answer

hes just angry and anxious, ask him whats wrong

Best Answer

Take him somewhere for obedience training.

Best Answer

Knock them baby teeth out.

Best Answer

Hmmm, I don't think a physical attack will address his "kill" phase. I hope it is a phase!!!

Best Answer

Put a bar of SOAP in his mouth ! <br />
Being a Parent is tough but parents can't be politically correct raising good kids.

Best Answer

at that age....you have to remeber...they parrot everythiung they hear....he could have heard that on the street, on tv, who knows where.....he saw that it got a "BIG" reaction...and Im sure.....he enjoyed it....just a theory....but im sure this is the case

Best Answer

I would really worry obviously something not right, what has made him think these words. He's just a child something his worrying him. The only thing to do I's ask him out right, ask his friends or schoolmate. Good luck i wish u well, Kbou xxxxx

Best Answer

Well, daisy, considering what you said in your posting about taking the personality disorder test, he may be reacting normally for a 5-year-old to Mommie's being "mean" rather than thinking, "Gee, Mommie has mental issues requiring medication. I must understand her."

Best Answer

Ask him where did he learn that phrase & does he have any idea of what it means. He's been exposed to politics already? Then likely some footage he saw on TV made an impact on him. Talk it over with him.

Best Answer

Slap him silly.

Best Answer

Talk to him about why he said that. Then make an appointment with a child psychiatrist.

Best Answer