Meroli Meroli 22-25, F 16 Answers Feb 22, 2012

Ask them if there was anything wrong first. Are they being bullied? Do they like school? If no, give them an incentive. My boy gets 10 mins on the xbox if they're washed, dressed, had breakfast and brushed their teeth. In record time they do their stuff !!!!

Best Answer

What other ideas do you have about giving her incentives...the games to me isnt soo good because she will argue to keep playing it even if it is time to go to school...

Best Answer

What is her favourate thing to do? Her fav toy? Does she have a show on TV that she likes? You could tape it and let her watch a bit? (Don't ever use food or money - don't go there).

Best Answer

I hate playing with children...because of my depression...i could just play with her till its time to leave...lol...i think that is something like a compromise..i can do. play barbies...lol. She is very standard...doesnt like one thing more than another...but she does like attention...which might be what she is looking for ...i think.

Best Answer

I got a kitten two days ago...it makes her focus and do things more quickly...but i change her bed time to 8 pm and that was about march and since then i have only had one incident...thank god.

Best Answer

chill out and wait while they get dressed....it can't take forever.

Best Answer

it can, a being late to school daily is extremely irresponsible and disruptive

Best Answer

no kids right?? LMAO x 10

Best Answer

you will be !...:))

Best Answer

Get the kid up earlier so they can get ready in their slower time. Tell them if they want to sleep later, they have to get ready faster.

Yes I know that means YOU have to get up earlier too, but it will be worth it in the long run if you stick to it without wavering.

Best Answer

Back in september when this began i would get her up at five thirty in the morning...it improved...to now its coming back...she is a good little girl otherwise...i think it might just mean she wants my attention. my depression affects her as much as me.

Best Answer

get her up early again, and when she gets ready quickly, spend some time just talking with her then

Best Answer

five kids and they still have morning issues... it is impossible to solve this problem

Best Answer

I would have them prepare all their clothes, backpacks, and lunches the night before when they are getting ready for bed. There will be no excuses when they get up because everything will be laid out for them.

Best Answer

i agree with babs...they sure can stuff about with other things. get them more organized at night..eg clothes, lunch boxes, swimming gear, shoes etc. I made the mistake of giving the first one out and ready at the door a treat...they started to sabotage each other...now i simply take 5 mins off their bed time after they've had a warning...and so on..if they keep dragging their feet.

Best Answer

don't worry........that was my daughter........she finally met her match.........a teacher that blasted her everytime she came late........21 now...finished school.........& a high salary job.........she's not late anymore

Best Answer

I trully wish her teacher would do that...but they already blasted me in front of her for bringing her late. Today was the first day that they have reprimanded her for her actions. And it was a gentle talk about being early, and telling her that they were "kept" waiting.

Best Answer

you need a drill sergeant.......still don't worry.......as long as you instill the values of education she'll smarten up.......keep pluggin away ;-)

Best Answer

Help him, he might just be tired or not a morning person and that's not his fault.

Best Answer

Plan out everything the night before- clothes laid out, sox and shoes where they can be found, backpack with all papers signed and packed, lunch packed, breakfast good to go- toaster/box of cereal etc easily accessible- coat on the back of the chair: Just add child- off to the bus

Best Answer

I get my daugher up at 7 am....she is already bathed and dressed and the only thing she has to do..is eat cereal, comb hair, wash teeth and put on shoes...i got her to school at 8 : 30 because her principal actually told her she would be coming over to take her to school...

Best Answer

Then she is mismanaging her time- what do you observe?

Best Answer

It kinda goes like...mom i want to wear flats to school today....yes i know sofia, but today you have p. e. you cant, where the sketchers and put the flats on tomorrow. No mom i want the flats...they will just not let me do pe. But if you where the flats sofia...they will get upset with me for not dressing you correctly...its only today dear please where the skechers....no i dont want to wear those shoes...okay okay fine where the flats...but hurry we will be late for school...u need to have breakfast brush your hair and clean your teeth. She sits criss cross for the next ten minutes...saying she will not do it....then the same for the food...i dont want cereal, quesadilla, egg sanwhich, milk or juice...another ten minutes of tantrum, ten minutes to eat, i want to brush her hair...she says no i dont want to ...i try even though she is pushing my hands away....in the end i stop i dont want to hurt her and her smacking my hands makes me angry. so i just brush my own teeth and tell her that i am going to school with or without her...and i will talk to the principal...i call her dad maybe he can talk to her and make her see reason....no that doesnt work...i threaten to throw away her repunzel doll...she cries and cries and becomes more mean to me...i cant throw it away in end because we dont have the money to replace such a nice toy...so i put it away for the the next week. She already knows she will not get it back but still doesnt stop the tantrum...its already time for school and no sign of her changing. i call the principal and she tells sofia she will be over. soon. Then my daughter reacts correctly and started brushing her hair and washing her teeeth.

Best Answer

Then everything is NOT sorted out the night before- there is still all this negotiating and arguing the morning of. The night before all the choices are made- write them down- she signs the paper. Next day what is writtn is FINAL-Sketchers. PERIOD. Egg sandwich PERIOD. How old is she with tantrums? Write a time line: Teeth by __:00; hair by --:00- she is bound by it or you take away TV; phone; computer- and let her have her tantrums. You have a brat in the making, This will only get worse

Best Answer

babz is correct...you need to toughen up and be consistent..you've being walked over...and she's coming back to stomp on you..Sort her now ..take no prisoners...this advice comes from Sargent Major Tgilly

Best Answer

I wouldn't mess with the Tgilly General- FYI I raised 5- my youngest is 11- has his own alarm- gets his act together and is out the door 7:30- my oldest home is 17- does the same ans drive himself to school- 2 daughters are off at college and oldest son in the army

Best Answer

yeah it is mostly mismanaged time but now she has changed all because i am getting her to sleep at 8 pm instead of nine and i wake her up at 7..she actually gets dressed, brushes her hair, has breakfast, and then washes her teeth...with my help where she needs it...our relationship has progressed..even when i dont enforce the bedtime...she has understood how upset it made me to have to take her into the office for lateness. So she tries her best...now.

Best Answer

Are we still on this?

Best Answer

i would be very happy

Best Answer

have patience, he won't be that small for ever!!

Best Answer

Get him up even earlier.

Best Answer