nope

Best Answer

yes, my mom twice.

Best Answer

I was tested & I am BRAC 1 positive, so are both my sisters, my daughter & 1 niece.
I found out 2 years ago I was positive after my younger sister was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer @ age 48. In a couple weeks I will start the process to hopefully not have to worry about breast cancer killing me. I'm having a double mascteomy in couple weeks then about 4 months later I'll have reconstruction.
I'm scared to death, I thought I was ok & then today it hit me & I've been crying today & having lots of thoughts about how it will effect me & every aspect of my life for for several months & probably for life.

Best Answer

I am so sorry to hear that. Years ago my doctor found a lump, however he said it was 'probably nothing'. I couldn't get a mammogram for almost 2 weeks. I was terrified. Couldn't eat/sleep, etc. called my doctor and told him after about 5 days & told him I wanted Valium. I screamed at him my sister had died from this and it was not something I could deal with.
I know exactly how you must have felt. We're you positive for any other type of cancer?

Best Answer