I keep trying to encourage my friend to attempt to at least leave some water or a bed in there, but she insists she can't "trust her dogs", and she refuses to pay for boarding a lot of the time when she goes out of town and leaves them in their crates. She does this because she can't afford doggie daycare. She claims to not feel bad about this because while she loves them they are "just dogs" and it's better than coming home to spilled water, torn beds, and hurt dogs... but she doesn't even attempt to give them an opportunity to prove they are getting better or train them. And she still claims that all these other people around her are poor dog owners, but she isn't. I feel so awful for her dogs, and I'd imagine this will give them serious bladder/urinary tract issues among other things. And I'd attempt to help her out, but she lives hours away.
BiForce BiForce 26-30 14 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Pets

Anonymous call to the SPCA

Best Answer

so if your friend knew you were aware of this all and were upset about it, how would you cover your tracks so she doesn't show up at my house to bite my head off?

Best Answer

Lie, or tell the truth, whichever seems best at the time. Or be really honest and tell her you consider what she's doing animal cruelty and if she doesn't stop you will report her. All depends on how strongly you feel about the animal's safety and life

Best Answer

It's a lot to think about. I honestly have been thinking about it non stop for a couple days. Like even if her neighbor reported her, they wouldn't know what I know. I know typically on a normal day she may just do this for 7-9 hours, but still that doesn't feel right either without a water bowl or bed. It's ridiculous that she can claim she is worried about animal cruelty and then deprive them of fresh water... that's like pet care 101.

Best Answer

I'd put him in the crate , lock it for 12 hours without water or a bed and say "how does it feel now?"

Best Answer

That person would no longer be my friend. Her greed is repulsive and I would have to remove myself from her presence to resist the urge to exterminate her.

Best Answer

Some people should never be allowed near animals, and certainly should never have pets ! I would take the dog off her and look after it myself.

Best Answer

unfortunately I can't take them, and if they get taken away by authorities they are regarded as dangerous breed and would likely be euthanized. I wish I could say the right thing to make her wise up so they could have a higher quality of life. I know she babies them when she is with them, so it's so odd that she can not care when she is gone. I don't know where the disconnect is coming from.

Best Answer

She does fear that if they were uncrated they would hurt each other, so I guess they are at least dangerous to other dogs. Though the canine genocide laws are hurting the dogs which are just victims of abuse because they typically attract very bad people as dog owners or in many cases, dog fight organizers. And it's a vicious cycle that allows these laws to come about blaming the actual dogs themselves. As an owner of this breed, I know they are not inherently dangerous and actually extremely affectionate and I hear the same thing from other owners of the same breed. Though I also new a guy that kept the same breed of dog tied to a tree in his backyard, and that dog seemed very angry. Thankfully her dogs don't seem to be very angry at all, but ya know, they don't know they could be treated better.

Best Answer

It's so sad, as the dogs are fine, it's the unscrupulous owners of these so called dangerous breeds, they become a menace to themselves and others. Rather a shame that you cannot euthanize the owners !!!

Best Answer

Yes, Canine genocide laws are wrong, but the people that make them are ignorant to the real issues. They are not vets and they are not dogs experts, they are people that watch too many dog attack stories on the news and think it's their duty to do something.

Best Answer

Offer to look after the dogs. If she refuses that then she needs to be reports for the sake of the dogs. And a dog is not "just a dog". Its a pet you accept responsibilty for by keeping it and in my case its a non voting member of the family.

Animal protection exists to protect animals from people like her.

Best Answer

Call animal control,or rspca today do this anonymously

Best Answer

I'd suggest a new home for this poor dog. I know in the end it is your friend's call, but all animals deserve a good home. And giving them toys, beds, water, anything like that, is the best way to go about it. I wish I had something more helpful, but I hope this works out.

Best Answer