you will likely read more words in your high school english classes than you will the words in the New Testamet. Is it really that unreasonable of me to ask you read it? I am trying to learn to be more tollerate but really??? come on..
SEANCURIOS SEANCURIOS 41-45, M 11 Answers Jan 4, 2012

God doesn't require us to read it in order to be a Christian. Not saying it's not a good idea though.

Best Answer

...and pay particular attention to how Christ lived and how he treated people. Christianity was never meant to be an excuse for intolerance and hatred.

Best Answer

The entire Bible is equally important. The Old Testament points to the New Testament, and it is the history of the Christian people. The Ten Commandments are in the Old Testament. The lineage of Christ is detailed in the Old Testament. The Old Testament fore shadows the coming of Christ. Every Christian should read the Bible every day: how else will we know what is in it?

Best Answer

the important thing to reading either of those books and this is EXTREEMLY important, is to read the entire thing cover to cover. not a few passages this week and then we will skip over this passage and go to the other fun one. no, every single f8cking word please. If your a christian its only the most important book ever and dont let a single passage go unanswered if you have questions...
have fun with that exercise

Best Answer

Gee, all these new-fangled ideas. I miss the days when you got burned at the stake for translating the Bible out of the Latin.

Best Answer

Hey, it made certain only the "right" people actually knew what was going on in there.

Best Answer

Well done !
Which is still able to read Latin today !

Best Answer

No, not today, but back in high school I could.

Best Answer

I'm not going to be X-tian, but I read the synoptic gospels and Revelations once.

Best Answer

While the Bible certainly is an essential part of Christianity, the spirit that we can feel as we read of Christ and his teachings is far more important. We as Christians do not need to be able to quote the book to know it is of God or to be a Christian. I think that maybe once in a while it would indeed be nice to just sit down and read it straight through, but this certainly cannot be done everyday. And it is the daily scripture study, the daily reminder and the daily effort we put forth to learning of him that brings His spirit to testify of His divinity.

Best Answer

totally disagree. There is only one way to know 'christ teachings' are in the first place and that is to read the bible.

Best Answer

I think you misunderstood what I said Sean. What I said is that it is important to study the Bible daily. And when we put forth the effort to do so, to learn of Christ, it is the Holy Spirit that testifies to us of the truthfulness that we read. We cannot possibly read the entire Bible every day, but we can draw near to Christ every day by studying everyday.
That being said, there are those who can quote the Bible verbatim and yet not truly understand it.

Best Answer

If you're going to be a heretic you should immerse yourself in the bible for a few years.

Best Answer

But it's pretty long and hard to get through - besides, the preacher tells you all the important parts anyway.

Best Answer

no.
1. its only the most important book ever if you consider yourself christian.
2. do you really want to put your entire life and salvation in the hands of someone else simply because you dont have the self displine to read? something to think about.

Best Answer

I'm ok with it. I figure our preacher gets all the important stuff.

Best Answer

O Sean, o proselytizing, preaching Sean

Best Answer