AliceThroughTheLookingGlass AliceThroughTheLookingGlass 31-35, F 8 Answers Jul 23, 2012

Leave until he cleans up his act. Nothing you can do to change it. Your partner is the only one who can make any change. If you leave at least you won't get caught up in the alcohol spouse syndrome of trying to make it all ok.

Best Answer

+1

Best Answer

Tell him to get with AA or show him the door.

Best Answer

As an alcoholic I can tell you that usually he won't change until he hits rock bottom, and will probably take you along with him.<br />
I snapped out of it before I hit that point, but only because I went to an AA meeting and saw how a lot of those people lost EVERYTHING. I didn't want to end up like that.

Best Answer

He did go to a couple of AA meetings at my request. He doesn't think he needs it. He doesn't think he's that bad. Thinks I over reacted. He thinks he can control it. I've tried to inform he how much it bothers and effects me, but he doesn't see it. I have no tolerances for this behavior and if he doesn't change it, then it will be too late.

Best Answer

take the AA are you an alcoholic test, fill it out,maybe write down some places of meetings, tell em to clean up thier act, and if not, you leave. really, this does help to open eyes. you might have to leave till they figure it all out. Show them your serious!

Best Answer

If he does, then I can talk to him about it but he is the only person who can change that. If he's not ready to change, then I cannot make him.

Best Answer

No chance at present.

Best Answer