JohnCrighton JohnCrighton 51-55, M 10 Answers Dec 20, 2013 in Travel

I like to think of other people as people with feelings.

Best Answer

Yes I think we all do, but I don't want them taking up some of my seat

Best Answer

Depends, am I squashed ? Do they stink ? Do they eat greedily and noisily ? Does their double chin wobble like jelly when they talk or eat which I find annoying ? If it's a short flight I will probably ignore but not possible long haul

Best Answer

All of the above

Best Answer

I had the "luck" to sit behind a very large woman whose kept moving around in her seat, each time bashing my knees. I asked to be moved, but ended up having to swap with my wife (who's knees were safely out of reach).

On the return journey, I sat behind her even bigger husband!!!!!

Best Answer

How did you feel when you got off ?

Best Answer

The husband didn't bounce up and down in his seat, so I managed to sit without discomfort.....if you mean did I fell this is right /wrong etc, then if I had been in significant discomfort etc, I would have complained since I had paid a full price for "my share" of space and a reasonable journey. This person (for whatever reason) was taking my place / causing me pain - he I was not getting what I paid for.

Best Answer

Thank you for explaining it to me. I do think that most big people do consider others . For me, it depends in where my seat is . If I'm travelling alone. I may then have a window seat, that gives me more elbow room. But I tend to sit in my seat longer , not wanting disturb the person, because they have trouble getting out if their seat. I just cross my fingers when I'm belted in my seat, watching the walk past hoping a slim person is taking the seat next to mine.

Best Answer

I've seen this happen a few times on flights...on one flight another passenger was all like, "oh for crying out loud I'll switch seats with you (and sit next to the big dude) so we can get this plane off the ground...

Best Answer

I wouldn't demand ,buti would quietly ask if there might be a spare seat with a little more room

Best Answer

No. If it's a few hours of discomfort for me versus making them feel bad, I'll just deal with it. I would never demand anything. Now, if there were plenty of extra seats, I might consider moving but first let them know it's just so we both have room to spread out.

Best Answer

Okay, what if you did feel bad, and they didn't seem bothered , because they expect to be given consideration by kind people. Do you think that if enough people made them feel a lite bit bad , they may try and reduce their intake?

Best Answer

No, I don't. I think it's more likely that they'd turn to food more.

Best Answer

That's an honest answer. I've often wondered that myself. I know people do stare at them. I'm sure they are just used to it. Thank you for your detailed answer.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No. lol

Best Answer