Rakoras Rakoras 26-30, M 16 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Religion

Agreeing with most of the other people who answered before me, the term "God bless you" is nothing more that a string of three words that people automatically say (without thinking about its meaning) when someone sneezes.

It has as much "non-meaning" as when one says, "Goodbye" -- which may be interpreted as a contraction for "God Be With You". It is ... what it is ... just a collection of words.

Cheers,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

No. Why would that make me mad? It's not like someone talking about God ****** me off. Religions is everywhere. I accept it.

Best Answer

No--I figure they don't really believe I just expelled a demon from inside me by sneezing

Best Answer

At more than 100 miles per hour.

Best Answer

Myth busters showed it too be at 34 mph...

Best Answer

I don't think anyone ever believed that for reals.. but that's a different story for another time. Here is your reading assignment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacirema

Best Answer

Jamie's mustache cut down the wind speed, kind of like a hedge acting as a windbreak

Best Answer

No. I don't point out ignorance unless it's essential. Why hurt feelings. That would reduce me to the level of xtians.

Best Answer

No way! I think it's such a sweet tradition. Just a bit of kindness; a wish for good health.

Best Answer

no but i'd prefer gesundheit roughly translated to mean of good health.

Best Answer

i don't take it literally

Best Answer

No, I'm not a lunatic.

Best Answer

Atheist. I'm just correcting you. Not claiming to be an atheist.

Sorry... please continue...

Best Answer

Of course not. What's to get mad over?

Best Answer