Somehow Friday she changed her mind and is now returning to Catholic School. Only one more year at that school than onto HS.
French378 French378 51-55, M 20 Answers Jun 14, 2012

I had ALL Catholic schooling --Let her have what she wants- she will learn all she needs and maybe be ahead of public students--Please let her - there is a reason she wants out

Best Answer

I would listen to her, try to understand her feelings and WHY she wants to. If her reasons were valid I would consider it. If not I would try to communicate to her why that was.

Best Answer

Let her try it out. I know many girls who I went to school with who came from a catholic school after they finished the 8th grade, the way th catholic church works around my house is you must wait until the 18th grade to make an informed decision about whether or not you want to go to public or catholic school The ones that chose public school, they fit in great and stayed on track with their religion with help and guidance from their families. If she wants to go to public school you shouldnt stop her, forcing her to go to catholic school will not make her enjoy being there. Just remind her that her faith and religion is very important and always support her decisions.

Best Answer

i picked the school closest to the house........turns out it was a Catholic school...........i know my daughter.....it's hard enough for her to wake up in the am......nevermind takin 2 buses to git on time to a public school..........no i didn't let her........& she was happy there

Best Answer

with all respects sir i would God has others plans for her in her life not what you have in mind you have to let her fly with eagles wings

Best Answer

Thanks, I've found this to be very true as things seem to take their natural flow in my life for me.

Best Answer

You are welcome sir all you have to do is get on your knees and pray for her humble ur self to the lord and he will do the rest you do the possible and he does the impossible

Best Answer

No keep her there unless she knows about (séx hand jobs etc)

Best Answer

No ,tell her she needs the continuum of the same school, but check the reason. is she being bullied?

Best Answer

Everything is good now , thx fir your comment.

Best Answer

When I was a kid. I had the same experience. I hated catholic school with a passion. Begged for years to transfer to public school. Well, my parents didnt let me. Landed up going to public highschool and hated it wanted to go back to catholic school was not a good transition for me. My brother was asked to leave the catholic school he went to public and excelled. Remember, dont give in to the begging. Be the Dad and lead. Consider it. Make sure she takes the highschool entrance exam for catholic highschool just in case.

Best Answer

Thx for taking the time to answer. It's such a tough time in life for children at 13. But I lucked out and she decided to stay. Yes I am the boss but it seemed nit worth the terrible stress she was going thru. And I researched the particular public school and if was ranked well.
Yes I need to help mje sure she does well on the test to get into the school she wants. One more year of stress. Oh plus the teenage years :(. Thx again.

Best Answer

Your a GOOD Dad. Exceptional!! Rare!!! You are right it is a tough year. Your post made me think of that time in my life as well. I wish my father would have listened to me. She will be fine.

Best Answer

I think you should let her go to public school. Public schools offer more classes and usually have much better sports teams. It will be easier for her to find the right group of friends for her and shell feel like she finally fits in somewhere. If she doesnt like it, she can always return to another private school.

Best Answer

My friend went to a catholic school. she was bullied and tormented because the school was so small and she wasn't in the right "group". As a result she had a horrible highschool experience. The benefits to private school is the excellent school curriculum they usually offer. On the other hand thousands of students who go to public school get into respectable colleges. Trust me if she hates life at school she will loose motivation for doing well and resent you in the end. Find out her reasoning for wanting to switch schools and keep an open mind to letting her switch.

Best Answer

thanks buddy good answer.

Best Answer

I went to both types of schools, and the transition was difficult also but the level of eduation, skills, training and development in a private insitution far exceeds that of the public system.<br />
The only reason I would move my child (and I dont have any) is becaue of financial difficulties.

Best Answer

Good question. I think shes just not part of the group and has been teased and bullied all year. Repeatedly begging. Emotionally I thought as the parent it is the correct decision to send her to public shool. As a matter of fact I've found in speaking to several people that public school may be better for several reasons.

Best Answer

My research has shown me the opposite to be true. The requirements to teach are less in Catholic school then there are in public. And there are much more monetary resources in public providing more guidance and after school programs.

Best Answer

Ok, sounds like you have some thinking to do. good luck!

Best Answer

No. Children don't get what they repeatedly beg for. That behavior is a sign of immaturity. When they stop begging, then you can consider their requests. Until then don't even give them the illusion that you are listening to them.

Best Answer

Nice twist. Being a parent means you have some clue about the whole feeding thing. But when the kid will eat nothing but hot dogs and Mac-and-cheese, then that kid's parent has failed.

Best Answer

So you think I shodul stop feeding her? I'll consider that. :)

Best Answer

She's a teenager. They can go for weeks without apparently eating - or at least without eating in front of you.

Best Answer

Is that the natural break in which the other kids all change schools (like to middle school or junior high)? I think there's a lot to be said for a child's feelings of not wanting to "stick out". Those years can be hard enough.

Best Answer

In her school its kindergarten through 8th grade. She will now go to intermediate school which is 6-8. So she will only have one year in 8th then onto HighSchool. That will be the big decision as to where she goes to HS. Could be to catholic high school or public.

Best Answer

I would listen to the reasons why she wants to go to public school, and share the reasons why you wish for her to remain in private school and hopefully come to an amicable conclusion that makes both of you happy... but ultimately, 7th grade is not the ideal time to let your kid start calling the shots.

Best Answer

one is just as bad as the other ...<br />
shes probably sick of having God rammed down her throat...

Best Answer

yes because she already had the experience of being in private school. She could go back to her friends

Best Answer

Thats one of the problems. They;re very clicky in her school. And she is not part of the click. When I look on Facebook and see a pic of 20 kids or so at a pool party out of say 28 kids in the class and shes one not in it you knwo shes not part of the group. Shes a little different than most kids and I think is taking a ribbing for it. I suppose you can say shes one of the cooler kids...

Best Answer

ohh ok did u decide yet?

Best Answer

I begged my parents to let me out in high school. They did. And I had a very difficult time integrating with the rest of the world. So in my opinion, the sooner the better.

Best Answer

thx for your response. I posted this quite a while ago. She actually decided to go back to Catholic school before the transfer went through. Oddly enough I now wish she would go to public school. So she finished 8th grade then just finished 9th grade in Catholic and did not do well. Shes switching to another catholic school, long story, but at this point is shes not going to try, I thought go Public. I did. She refuses. Amazing how things change in a few years.

Best Answer