... avoid hitting a crossing deer? When my grandfather was still alive he used to say that if you ever come across a deer or a buck that suddenly steps out in the road that you should not endanger yourself by trying to avoid it. He said that if you don't have enough time to slow down enough so that you can safely avoid it that you shouldn't try to swerve out the way and endanger you own life.
NorseChief NorseChief 26-30, M 5 Answers Apr 26, 2011

Since my mother almost caused a large accident trying to avoid a crossing chip bag I can agree with the philosophy of this.

Best Answer

Can your question be applied to kangaroos instead of deer......They can be a real problem and it doesn't need to be in a rural area either.......Sometimes they are around golf courses in the metro area.......Also some of them are massive and can cause a lot of damage to a vehicle......But I still think better to risk that than possibly drive into oncoming traffic to avoid them.

Best Answer

Yeah, we could apply kangaroos instead of deer. I heard about that lol. Your national symbol can be quite the bugger eh :)

Best Answer

It would be Me or them............The way things are going now that is dinner for at least a month . hehe

Best Answer

lol :P

Best Answer

gosh! i saw two bucks on the side of the road late one night...slowed down, moved to the OTHER side of the road [all was clear], got even with them and the sunnybeaches BOTH crashed into the side of my car! <br />
aesgard has the right idea. take extra care when in rural areas and watch when you see 'deer crossing' signs. they're there for a purpose.

Best Answer