Dave748 Dave748 46-50, M 15 Answers Jul 9, 2010

They'll redshift, but I'm never letting you drive my car again

Best Answer

No they will work...the thing is that you probably cannot fly at the speed of light. You can get close! Light travels at the same speed from any perspective, so they would appear to work normally. It sounds weird, but it is accurate and complicated.<br />
Time is relative to speed, moving at such high speed, time slows down for you...also space becomes condensed, so distances seem shorter. These effects combine to make light appear to travel at the same speed, no matter where you observe it from.

Best Answer

Wait, this is most complicated.<br />
I must get back to you on this.

Best Answer

but the big question is .. why would spaceships have headlights? do they have turn signals as well? I mean I think the enterprise just has like cool lites illuminating the neat parts of the ships.. to ya know.. impress all the aliens.. but other then that I don't remember headlights??

Best Answer

Well, I imagine that they'd make the ship look cool. Might help looking at the dark side of the moon......

Best Answer

they sure will do something...they will turn to you and say "Hi, Dave! Can we have some of whatever you've been smoking?" :)

Best Answer

Oh, hell you would be there before you remember you tuned out the lights.

Best Answer

It takes infinite energy to reach the speed of light, so there isn't enough power left for headlights.

Best Answer

no because the lights wouldn't go past enough to stretch in front of your ship since both of them are running at the speed of light

Best Answer

No, the question is, if i'm in my old Torana and it's getting dark, and the police are behind me, and i turn on my headlights, will they do anything?

Best Answer

I'm guessing that they will work.<br />
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to go faster than the speed of light, I mean we can go faster than sound. and all light really is are photons.<br />
and with the momentum of the spaceship, I would guess they would work?

Best Answer

i don't know my boats waaay too fast.

Best Answer