I think many baby boomers lost their virginity at drive in movie theatres! They were a fun place to party too. (Not that I did that!) There is one near me but they have lost their lustre for some reason in my book.

Best Answer

Not really.<br />
The movies my mom took us to see were usually disaster or monster movies. And we spent a lot of time hunched down behind the front seat. A few times we actually ended up leaving because my mom didn't like the content. lol Our drivein was already ancient when we got there...the sound was crackly, and the mosquitos were usually pretty bad. We always had to watch from the backseat too, which made the experience less than stellar. I do remember most of the movies I saw there though, including "Godzilla Versus Megatron" and a dog movie called "Digby".<br />
By the time I was old enough to drive, our local drivein was already closed down. It does make me feel nostalgic, though. The old concession building is still there. They took down the big billboard that served as a screen quite a few years ago. There is tall grass standing there now, and you wouldn't know what it once was, except for the speaker posts that still stand in rows among the weeds.

Best Answer

Yea its strange. I didnt go that often but i too remember the movies i saw at drive ins

Best Answer

Do you remember driving into an empty spot that you couldn't believe no one had taken? Then turning the car off and rolling down your window only to realize that someone had ripped the speaker off of the post.

Best Answer

No...lol. It might have happened at some point, but I was so young. It's weird, but I can still see "scenes" from the movies..mostly the ones just before my mom said, "Duck down!" because it was something she didn't want me to see.

Best Answer

Yes! Double/triple features, smuggling friends in the trunk to avoid admission, bringing your own food and drink, cruising around to friends' cars (it was like a giant tailgate). When I got older we took the kids in the minivan with the seats out and an air mattress in back. They were fun.

Best Answer

yes and yes, many a great dates in them, allways had a truck though, got smart and got a shell for my truck, magic!

Best Answer

I remember my dad taking me to one a few times. I really like them. I was pretty bummed when the theater closed.

Best Answer

I miss the atmosphere around it. I saw the original Star Wars with friends at a drive-in. It was such a wonderful, evening, we were all so awed by the movie.

Best Answer

Yes. Many great memories and stories. I tell my kids what it was like sneaking in or shooting Strawberry Angel and tequila in a 76 Camaro. Ick! A nice memory is, the remains of one theatre that used to be way out of town are now about 3 blocks from our house". I wish it was still there. The kids don't know what they missed.

Best Answer

Yes....but there is one near me...in Warwick, NY, about an hour away

Best Answer

I've been to that one!

Best Answer

Been planning to go...just no time or babysitter issues...can't take a 2yr old to a movie...lol

Best Answer

When I was a kid, I loved em. When I started dating, not so much. My car had a center console which made it hard to get comfortable, and then the car would get cold. Walk ins were more comfortable. What I really miss is the double features and being able to stay and watch the movie as much as I wanted.

Best Answer

Yes. Now they are flea markets where I live

Best Answer

Ya.. its sad to have watched them torn down

Best Answer

good times

Best Answer

They were fun, weren't they?

Best Answer

Yea. Sometimes very fun

Best Answer