The President was alluding to the idea that business owners owe thier success to government because it was they that invested in the infrastructure and other projects. It was the government that paid that teacher who provided you the education that allowed you to become successful. The president believes that all successful American business owners owe a debt of gratitute to the Federal Government. That's why alot of successful Americans agree with him, and want to give something back. Your thoughts? Is Mr. Obama right? Do we all owe our success in life to government?
Dave002 Dave002 56-60, M 6 Answers Jul 16, 2012

Maple10 and crosseyedlemon are correct! We the taxpayers fund government. Without tax money government cannot do a thing. The reality is the opposite of what Obama and his henchmen believe. It is government that depends and exists because of us! We the people! He is not even close to be the smartest man in the room.

He, nor anyone else picked up my paint brushes and made a painting, went out and marketed myself, ships paintings and runs this business. That idiot could not qualify to clean my paint palette or wash my brushes! He, nor any government a$$hole did a damn thing to help make my business work and successful! In fact the government has done nothing but make it harder to survive and make the business work! I have had a number of fine artists help me, but they did not start my business, paint my painting or market them, pack and ship them, buy advertising, operate a website. Did I have help? Yes! many people helped me, but not one government worker or government agency did a thing, but audit my business and every other artist I know for 4 years straight in a row and did not find a single discrepancy with any of us. We are hard working, HONEST people!

You can cite the Interstate highways, as Obama did, but even that is dead wrong! The interstate system was iniated by President Eisenhower to quickly move military troops and equipment across the country to defend us in case of attack during the beginning of the Cold War. They were built while I was in junior high and high school! They would have been built if I became an artist or a welfare bum.

The one good thing about this plaigerised speech ( That dumbo running in Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, (you know the "Native American" Swede, with high cheek bones gave a few months ago) is that he has pissed off small and middle sized businesses and a lot of large privately owned companies! I heard from only two this weekend after this came out on the news. One another artist, who was a moderate and leaning slightly to the left, the other a doctor friend with his own practice. Both said this did it for them. Their votes will go for Romney. True, this is an anecdotal instance, but you liberals can't tell me that they are the only two in the entire country that is thinking this way now! If Obama had any cojones, he would have stepped on them with this idiotic convulted nonsense.

Best Answer

Awesome tirade! Thank you for your comments.

Best Answer

Give me a break, who's money (taxes) does he think paid for all those infrastructure and other projects? Did 0bama just print it in his basement? He must be getting really desperate to make such a claim.

Best Answer

This points out one of the big differences between 0bama and Romney, What Romney did he did with his own money, Sure he got rich and he did it using private money. No investor was forced to invest. 0bama on the other hand , everything he has done and every thing he wants to do he intends to do with your money, taken from you by force if necessary,

Best Answer

Actually I think it is Ben Bernanke who is in the basement trying to figure out how the printer works.

Best Answer

That works for me!

Best Answer

I couldn't be anymore unhappy with a president than I am with Obama, but the only thing Romney has going for him is that he is not Obama. Sad.

Best Answer

You are not paying attention if you really believe that. Sorry, I do not mean to insult you, but it is true. There is plenty of factual information on Romney and his accomplishments. Obama still is not even qualified to carry to tie his shoes let alone do all that Romney has and as successfully. This asisnine statement Obama made about business is proof he knows zero about economics, business or America, for that matter.

Best Answer

No offense taken. At least we can know something about Romneys past.

Best Answer

He has a lot more going for himself than that. In spite of his fathers success, he is a self made man. Just who made Mr. Obama, and who is he really beholding to?

Best Answer
Best Answer