Abcdefghhi Abcdefghhi 16-17, F 23 Answers Jun 11, 2012

1. Keep a journal of what you eat, when you eat it, how you feel before, and after eating. I know this is hard, and if your doctor or your mother or whoever suggests it, you may feel like they are picking on you or trying to say your weight is all your fault, but unless you keep an honest and accurate account of this, no one will be able to help you, and if you feel like lying on this list, remember, you are only cheating yourself if you do.

2. Keep a journal of what kind of activities you participate in, for how long, and how often and again, be honest! This isn’t a blame game… it’s a starting point.

3. Armed with the information from 1 and 2, see a qualified physician to eliminate all causes of medical concern...and if the first physician is a douche, keep looking. But be prepared for honesty… it will do you nor anyone else any good to sugar coat things for you…. If you are obviously over eating, or are a couch potato, no one can change that but you!

4. Understand your weight is where you are, not who you are. Don't let your weight chase you into the darkness... or it will increase. Stay as active as you can - enjoy life, and activities.... you have as much right to do them as anyone else, and if people say things about your weight, that is their ugliness, not yours.

5. Find activities you like to do. Swimming, biking, walking, dancing to music you like in the privacy of your own room, skating, tennis, basketball, the possibilities are endless. I hope you are getting that I am stressing activities here… not exercise, but LIVING, and doing things you enjoy. It will make you feel good about you, that makes you look good, and it will keep your mind off of snacking. If you lose yourself in the pursuit of happiness, happiness seems to find you when you least expect it.

6. Wear clothes in sizes, shapes and colors that flatter your figure, not try to squeeze into what everyone else is wearing.

7. Pay attention to your pretty features, the things you like about yourself, and not the things that you don't like. You would be surprised how easily your attitude about yourself carries over into what other people see in you. Understand that everyone has things about themselves they wish they could wave a magic wand and change… but pretty inside never gets old.

8. Eat a balanced diet and remember portion control. Eat slowly so your body recognizes when it is full...then stop. When you are tempted to indulge in more than you should, remember... “a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips”; “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels” “eat to live, not live to eat” or find some other mantra that means something to you.

9. Keep a picture of what you want to look like when your diet and exercise pay off. Think of how you will feel when you are that size and let it inspire and motivate you when you feel like you don't want to exercise, or when your diet starts slipping out of control.

10. Don’t measur

Best Answer

Wow I can't thank you enough that has to b te BEST advice I've gotten all day just thank youu(:

Best Answer

ha ha, i'm glad you replied... it looks like #10 got cut off and I didn't even see.... 10. Don't measure yourself by anyone elses standards. Diet and exercise are an illness of their own... once you have adopted a healthy lifestyle, get out and enjoy life! Know when to quit. Bestf luck to you. I know how hard this is!

Best Answer

Yes! I just really want to thankyou for the support!(:

Best Answer

First of all, my heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to keep weight under control. The women in my family all have weight problems so I think it's a genetic thing.

Anyway, take it slow at first. Don't go running 5 miles the first day. I'd see a good nutritionist that can support you and give you some good advice based on your physical and biological issues. Fifteen is very young to have to deal with this kind of weight problem, so you've got to get some real answers to your lifestyle and how you can change it for the better. Find out if you eat because of stress and emotions or if there's a real genetic reason for the weight gain. All the best my Dear!

Best Answer

Before You even read my comment know its based on you have spoken to medical. You know what little things work for U, base UR life on that and add to it when U think something else fits UR plan, notice I said plan; whenever U reach the weight U want, U have to adapt UR plan to maintain what makes U happy

Best Answer

Cocaine.

Best Answer

If you retain water, drink water, on weight watchers they recommend consuming 48-64 oz of water daily.

Best Answer

I'll try it(:

Best Answer

Juice diet drink juice only eat ounce a week exersize im 6ft 3in i weighed 240 now im 145 an feel great

Best Answer

Turn the hate into motivation. First cut out all fizzy drinks/soda, pure sugar. Walk whenever you can, really good exercise. Ask the person buying food in your house to not buy unhealthy choices for you, eg snack foods, if it is not there you can not eat it. More veg and salads. Less fried foods and fast foods. Try and join an aqua aerobics class, excellent exercise and the water supports you, plus the people there tend to be older and less judgmental. Educate yourself about food and making healthier choices. Good luck, you have youth on your side.

Best Answer

Thank you so much or your support it really helps and Ill take what you said to heart!

Best Answer

I wish you all the best. I have been slim all my life and I honestly think a huge part of that has been that I don't drive and walk most places. Just think of life as one big free gym. Even carrying the shopping home gives your arms a work out. Say you take the elevator up, try walking down the stairs instead. Really wishing you well with this, not a diet but a lifestyle.

Best Answer

eat less work out more

Best Answer

You're probably cursed with a slow metabolism (me too). Here's what you have to do:

- Stop eating sugar, junk food, stuff from packaged. I dunno how your parents cook, bu if they cook vegetables ask for extra helpings and go half on the meat & potatoes.

- Find ANY kind of exercise you like, and start doing it as much as possible. It sucks to be an out of shape teenager - I was like you and gym was a nightmare. but you need to exercise to lose weight.

- Talk to your parents and how they cook. If they cook healthy, then you have to eat healthy. Even if you hate it - once you have enough vegetables you learnt o like them. If they don't, figure out how they can. Get some veggies in there - snack on fruit instead of chips & soda. That sort of thing.

Good luck, you can do it!

Best Answer

Thank you so so much! This is really going to help and thanks for the support(:

Best Answer

Best of luck! Remember that to stop from feeling like you're starving have lots of healthy snacks (fruit & vegetables) and small meals. That will speed up your metabolism and stop you from feeling hungry. And if you can - big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Keeps you full and its SUPER healthy.

Best Answer

get into a dance class, eat lots of greens and fruits stay away from sodas and sweets.

Best Answer

Cut out sodas from your diet and drink water instead. I was 210 pounds also but at 13 and once I stopped drinking sodas and other sugary drinks I lost like 20 pounds in a few months.

Best Answer

Ohh really? I drink diet but it doesn't seem to be helping but I also have thyroid problems

Best Answer

Even though diet doesn't have sugar or calories, it is still harder for your body to process than water. Also try getting as many B Vitamins as possible since they help a lot with metabolism.

Best Answer

i find the treadmill or any exercise helps.

Best Answer

Here is a simple one if overeating is the issue. Every time you feel hungry drink a glass of water, if you are still hungry 10 minutes later then go ahead and eat something.

Best Answer

Thank youu I've never heard of that(:

Best Answer

Eat breakfast , eat lunch & a small dinner.Walking is the best exercise..

Best Answer

make sure your caloric intake is less than you expend.

Best Answer

Add more fiber to your diet and eat more fruits and veggies

Best Answer

Thank you very much!

Best Answer

You're very welcome! :-))

Best Answer

You are still young get involved with dancing or sports that will help. Do you have a medical condition such as thyroid function?

Best Answer

Yes I do and it makes it so hard for me to loose weight :/

Best Answer

Have you talked to your dr about medication for it?

Best Answer

I haven't we don't have insurance at the moment because w/ out insurance it's $80 a pill

Best Answer

Wow really? Synthroid I know walmart has the $4 dollar plan have you checked that?

Best Answer