I wouldn't worry about 3 days. Some fluctuation between menstrual cycle is normal. Are you ordinarily very regular? If your period starts getting very irregular (moreso than this) for an extended period of time, I'd see a doctor. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, for instance, is a relatively minor syndrome that often hits in puberty and can cause very irregular periods. I was diagnosed with at around 16, and I'd sometimes go 60 days without a period.

Best Answer

Well, I am no expert at this sort of thing. But I have had a few scares, and I go to the doctor each time. The first time, I was 16, I had an ovarian cyst that had ruptured. Anytime, things go wrong with your ovaries or your lady bits...it seems like your period goes "Heck no, I do not feel like starting, sorry". The second time was when I was 20, and it was due to stress. Lots and lots of stress. To the point that it made me sick. My point is, is that it could be a lot of things...but the best thing would be for you to try to take a pregnancy test, just to be safe. And don't be afraid to talk to your doctor, or to go to a Planned Parenthood, hopefully they can give you the information you need. Let me know the verdict, and hopefully it is a scare and only that.

Best Answer

I have been sexualy active, I have been having periods since I was 9, I have been taking birth control for about a year now. My boyfriend hopes its just stress ( he is only a year older than myself ) due to things that have been going on, but we are planning on getting a pregnancy test tomorrow and if that comes back neggative I an going to tell my mother ( either way I would tell her ) that something is wrong. My boyfriend and myself are very serious about the situation. We want a child but we understand that we are too young and it wouldn't end well for either of us.

Best Answer

Don't get too bent out of shape about it. I get nervous about being prego all the time, an i'm 22!!! Never have been even tho my period has been late several times. I even went a month w/o one. I've been on the pill forever.

Best Answer

Stress can make you miss your period completely, or make it late.

Best Answer

being irregular at your age is normal however if you are around other females a lot you may be trying to cycle with them that's what happens when women are around each other a lot they start cycling together

Best Answer

Stress, or it is just being a bit.h. If there is no chance of pregnancy no worries. Be happy it hasn't come yet.

Best Answer

as we say where i am from: hijole :P

Best Answer

have you been messing around?

Best Answer

I have heard that birth control or some other medications can effect it. Other than that my wife usually is the same time all the time. Do you know for a fact you aren't pregnant? Ifnot you should buy a pregnancy test and check so you can prepare yourself...if that can't be it then talk to your mom maybe and if you have anymore issues go to the doctor

Best Answer

Yes there could be, but if you are sexually active and especially if you have taken no precautions, you ought to take a home pregnancy test and find out.

Best Answer