She's into me and I'm into her. Would it be weird to take her to prom?
unexppeace unexppeace 26-30, M 71 Answers Mar 11, 2012

there are many twenty somethings who are as stupid as a box or rocks and women younger than that, who are very mature and responsible. it is up to you to figure out if she fits the criteria. I think there is a reason the legal age is 18. If someone is matured enough to vote/fight wars they should be totally capable of deciding who they are willing to date and to handle themselves accordingly. I've been dating people who are much older since I came of age and I don't feel that I've been scared or robbed because I know who I am and I expect, like anyone else to have my feelings hurt or have it work out. Age plays a small role in the grand scheme of things.<br />
When I was under 18, and people took advantage of me, I knew there was an element of deceit since they assumed my age made me naive and easy to manipulate. But people grow up rather fast these days. 18 is a lot older than it was even 10 years ago.

Best Answer

I vote this for best answer!

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

ty ty :)

Best Answer

I also vote for best answer!
There is 11 years between me and my man, he is the only person I have dated that mind doesn't go: "ohh she likes me - lets have sex!" Older men have gotten over that and because I'm someone who matured quickly I think I missed that "silly stage" completely. People do judge us but I am happy and he is happy so it really does not matter. We both want the same things out of life, we both have similar believes, oppions and so on. If we argue its mostly over silly things like where we should meet up for lunch. Age matters so little to us that I don't actually see someone who is much older than me but someone who is my age who has worked out othe meaning of respect. (Yes I have a tendancy to hate people who are my age just in case no of you noticed!). As for the whole having children thing at odd aging...or as forlorn said: "a teenager who wants to be out all night when your pusing fifty"...my mum had me when she was in her mid-30s, it was actually oddly better because she had gotten over the stage of wanting to have a life where as a woman who has children young like my sister has often regrete it and find themselves dumping the children (in this case on me) on others so they can go out drinking. I was never handed over to anyone else when growing up so my parents could go out drinking because they had matured passed that. ...ok, ranting now :D but yea: age does not matter as long as both people are 18+ and therefore in the eyes of the law are mature enough to defend for themselves...even thought society likes to argue with it and everyone goes "omg he's dating someone much younger than him! he's a perv!" no, he is not a perv, he just has brains to realize you can pick who you love and if the person you end up loving is twenty years younger than he is (but 18+ verrry important) thats ok. love is love. no rules, no terms or conditions...and i'm gonna shut up now. XD

Best Answer

I'm sorry to say I feel like it's just sometimes jealousy and resent that make certain people so against the idea of it, if you know what I mean. So they say nasty things about the people in that relationship. The only guy who would bother to look after me when I got sick is my boyfriend who is over 20 years my senior. The only woman he's dated since his divorce 3 years ago, that genuinely cares about the well being of his children and his happiness IS ME. what is truly immature is believing only someone in your age group is capable of that. I don't have to be at the same place in life in order to show him genuine care and respect and give him what he needs/ asks of me. Since when is an 18 year old so brainless that she can't leave a situation that makes her unhappy. Since when is it pervy to be attracted to someone who just so happens to be younger. but a legal voting aged citizen. the bulk of the naysayers are women over 35 .. and we know why. *shrugs* sorry. My mom and day have been together for almost 30 years and she's 10 years younger than he is. I wouldn't be here if they couldn't get over the fact that he was a divorced man and she, a young woman.

Best Answer

That just seems like you are taking advantage of someone who hasn't figured out who they are yet. Then again you might be her same mental age so it could work... sorry, just being honest.

Best Answer

her same mental age? maybe YOU need to go back to hs.

Best Answer

I agree with this^

Best Answer

Me? I'm really confused... this comment doesn't make sense because I have no idea who your subject is supposed to be.

Best Answer

Not if you both love and can do the same things. There are a lot of people that see only the bad and the wrong. When I was 18, I got a lot of bad things said because I was going out with a 14 year old girl. We loved each other too and 27 years later, we're still together. One guy who joked about us is now on his fifth wife. So who's laughing now?

Best Answer

Some people would see you as 'robbing the cradle' or barely legal,and I personally dont like those terms,if you like eachother then date just treat her well:] goodluck:]

Best Answer

Not in another ten years, they won't, but right now, you are a pervy.

Best Answer

People don't magically change at 18, except in the eyes of the law.

Best Answer

You're both legal, what's the problem?

Best Answer

exactly?

Best Answer

i mean exactly!

Best Answer

Men will probably think that is cool because she is of age but I don't think it is cool.

Best Answer

People will find reasons to frown about everything. Your life, her life, your business. From what I have observed about young people these days, it's likely that you're not much more mature than she is.

Best Answer

I say go for it. I mean age doesnt matter as long as they are legal. I have friends now that are 18-20 who are dating, have dated, or currently in relationship with 26-28 year old guys. I say as long as you guys take things slow (b/c you know during our young age our brains arent fully developed yet) respect her or him and hopefully his or her family wont mind and like you as well. then its cool and also be prepared for some immaturity as well. Love shows no color age or ect. Life is to short live it up to the fullest go for what you want. :)

Best Answer

ADDING: the Prom thing its fine really. like everyone else said just get prepared on looks, and stares. I mean its HS so lol but during that time its like really you 2 aren't the bad ones at all...just ignore them and enjoy your night together its Prom!!

Best Answer

Only if you are taking advantage of her.

Best Answer

It's legal, so I don't know what the big deal is.<br />
Some people will frown on it but then again people like to find reasons to rain on people's parades.

Best Answer

No. You aren't. My husband is 35. And im 25

Best Answer

i think its okay since she is 18. not too bad an age difference.

Best Answer

I was 27 through the marine corps, and a junior in college when I met my wife, she was not quite 19. We became friends, then dated for 2 years.<br />
Some people looked at it with raised eyebrows . . That was 23 years ago!<br />
So they can all kiss it!

Best Answer

But you waited two years and made sure. So you both were wise. Unlike me who got married within a few months.

Best Answer

it is ok! just do what you feel like doing yourself! you relly don't have to answer to any one, plus you two haven't signs around your necks saying you are 28 and she is 18, have a great time you two

Best Answer

It legal but some people might judge

Best Answer

Definitely a perv or anything kinda bad. She needs some time to grow up.

Best Answer

Your both over 18 and that's what matters.Now if she was 15 i would have a issue with that

Best Answer

No your not a pervert!. my boyfriend is older to me. we have 9 years age gap.. I was 17 years old wen we started dating..

Best Answer

To me, It's just fine. She is an adult after all. People are forever judging and getting into other peoples business, when clearly, IT ISN'T!!! :-)

Best Answer