feels sore and stiff,and i felt some really weird bean sized lump yesterday but it's gone for today,there's nothing wrong with my right one,just the left,it's painful when i touch it,but the pain and lumps seems to come and go,I have been to a doctor she said i was okay and I'm too young to have cancer,but i don't know I'm just scared,i mean what is it?? it never happened before and it's freaking me out,and I'm a virgin.
LoloRussBender LoloRussBender 18-21, F 28 Answers Jul 19, 2012

Don't worry. It's because of menstrual cycle . Sometimes women feel that one breast is painful ... especially when you touch it. It's determinant by hormon estrogen & your cycle. Fact that your left breast is bigger than your right is normal. If difference isn't big you don't have to worry. By the way I've got the same problem. It isn't cancer. But I understand your doubts.

Best Answer

Correct!

Best Answer

20 and a virgin? I thought your species was extinct. Have you gotten a second opinion?

Best Answer

We all have one bigger than the other. I have the same problem. I don't know what it is cause I did not have it checked out!

Best Answer

Hey, I really thought I'm the only one and something is wrong with me HHHHHHHH!

Best Answer

First of all, breasts are seldom symmetrical, at least in their natural state. Second, your breast is a muscle with milk glands in it, the glands, even when you're not pregnant or breastfeeding, are alive, and can make those 'lumpy' feelings.<br />
Third, your doctor is wrong in one respect, no one is too young for cancer. But if the lumps come and go, it almost certainly is not cancer. That lump stays.<br />
If you are really worried, I'd press for a mammograph, can be a bit painful, but at least it might calm your fears.

Best Answer

Thank you:) i think i will.

Best Answer

This is one of those questions that makes me want to scream--DON'T RELY ON THE YAHOOS HERE WHEN IT COMES TO YOU HEALTH, SEE A DOCTOR!!

Best Answer

Probably like me you have benign fibrocystic breast "disease"; which doesn't mean much at all except that you will have to be extra vigilant with regard to breast cancer checks. The cysts are painful, and sometimes they can result in a bluish-green color discharge from the affected breast -- which as strange as it is -- doesn't mean that it is infectious.<br />
I had a "needle aspiration biopsy" at 23, when I discovered a pea-sized lump in my breast which the doctor couldn't find without my help. When he did, "Oh, there is something there!", he inserted a needle and withdrew the fluid and diagnosed me with fibrocycstic breasts. I am 53, have been scrupulous about mammograms, and have no microcalcifications (there isn't any breast cancer in my family tree).<br />
The problem for me was always that it caused breast tenderness with my monthly cycle; sometimes just walking (breasts bouncing) hurt (which is where smaller or normal-size breasts are a good thing as opposed to humongous size!).<br />
Some of us are just more likely to get cysts. They say avoiding caffeine helps, but I never really found anything that helped much.<br />
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001910/

Best Answer

The breast size different is pretty normal. I'd get a second opinion though. You can still get fluid blockages and the like without being pregnant.

Best Answer

almost all women have one smaller breast than the other some just may not notice because of how little the difference looks, others are quite obvious but its all good xD now...what typically differentiates between a benign breast lump and a cancerous one is movement. A fluid filled lump that rolls between the fingers and comes and goes is less likely to be cancer which is firm and rooted to the breast. Thats not to say all benign lumps move and cancerous ones dont. Also breast cancer doesnt usually have pain present, but benign conditions often do. Check with your doctor before your period cycle and afterwards for cysts as they often show up related to hormonal fluctuations due to menstruation.<br />
http://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/when-to-worry-about-breast-lumps.aspx

Best Answer

Thank you for not making fun of the "virgin" part, i didn't really mean anything by adding it,i was just thinking that might answer that I'm pregnant or breastfeeding..etc

Best Answer

of course not...i was a virgin until i was 19 and after that i was celebate for 6 years so i have no reason to judge anyone elses reasons ;) hope you look at the article i put up and hope it helps but definately go back to your doc with a follow up :)

Best Answer

Most women's left breast is larger. Also, what does your virginity have to do with anything?

Best Answer

In my case it is the right! lol

Best Answer

I didn't want to see answers such as "pregnant?breastfeeding?..etc"

Best Answer

Go to another doctor. Meanwhile, the guy that feeds me wants to see pictures. I said that was just immature and bit him.

Best Answer

Have it rechecked, there is no such thing as too young, look at the little kids with cancer on Make a Wish. It could also be a cyst

Best Answer

+1

Best Answer

There is no such thing as too young, correct - But when it comes to breast-cancer there is actually such thing as being too young, doctors have specified an age for women "to start" checking and 20 is too young for breast cancer.

Best Answer

Per a search on the internet, the youngest girl to have breast cancer was 11, named Hannah Powell-Auslam

Best Answer

That is obviously a rare case! Talk about the majority and the doctors opinion!

Best Answer

The OP is 20...and even you said that is when Dr's recommend checking. Approx 1.4 per 100,000 of 20 y/o get it.

Best Answer

Hey, from where are you getting this survey?!

Best Answer
Best Answer

According to the statistics from American Cancer Society, 95% of new cases and 97% of breast cancer mortality occurred in women aged 40 and older during 2000–2004; in the same period, women aged 20–24 years had the lowest breast cancer incidence rate - Proves my point!

Best Answer

Seriously? Here is a gold sticker and a cookie...idiot

Best Answer

There is always one bigger than the other, or am I the only one?! However, if you went to the doctor, you shouldn't be worried.

Best Answer

Do you think the doctor was lying to you ?

Best Answer

No i just want a second opinion,but she said that i was too young for cancer which is a dumb thing to say right? i mean from the comments i read nobody is too young for cancer.

Best Answer

No body is too young for cancer, but breast cancer differs - All doctors say that the possibility of having it increases as you age, doctors advise you to check at least when you reach 30 years, you are too young and I don't think that we will know better than doctors.

Best Answer

dr said your too young to have cancer?... i immediatly question the truth of your claim...

Best Answer

Doctors are stupid.

Best Answer

no dr would dare make that statement, in case she did have cancer . he'll be sued. drs. dont deal in definates...

Best Answer

No.one on here is a qualified Doctor, if your health means anything to you seek proffesional advice sooner rather than later whatever the result its best you find out

Best Answer

Sounds like a cyst. Get a second and third opinion from different doctors. Try not to worry too much because if you worry too much, you gets and it can cause you to be ill and that in turn can make your current problem worse.

Best Answer

Nobody is symmetrical. I have one foot 1/2 size smaller/bigger take your pick than the other one. One testical is Bigger/Smaller than the other. <br />
Go see another Dr. ASAP.

Best Answer

I think a second opinion is for the best, why roll the dice?

Best Answer

I'd get another opinion...cancer is no respecter of age. Even not having a family history of cancer is no guarantee.

Best Answer

It is probably a cist. If you have been having pain for a month straight, I would see another dr. Why did you add that youre a virgin to your symptoms? Just curious.

Best Answer

Because some people would think that I'm pregnant or breastfeeding.

Best Answer

gotcha

Best Answer