He's been my best friend for 10 years and even though he doesn't live close anymore we call and talk constantly. My boyfriend thinks it's weird and he must want more from me. It's starting to strain our relationship, any advice?
maddieaz maddieaz 36-40, F 25 Answers May 25, 2010

You need to reassure your boyfriend (assuming you don't want that relationship to end). It would be very difficult to just cut off you friend of 10 years. The age gap is irrelevant in my mind.

Best Answer

I'm 50 and my very best male friend is 31...there's no funny business going on and no mother-son dynamic (though his actual mother is 52). When we met, he was 25 and I was 44...and we knew we'd be friends forever. I am also friends with his wife and godmother to their children, and they introduced me to my current boyfriend. So sometimes you just click with another person, and externals like age, color & gender are irrelevant.

Best Answer

Its whats called a FRIENDSHIP. Unless you and him were involved in a different way, I see no problem with it. Its great to have someone like that, they have seen more and can be of great help to you. Would it be more people had that kind of relationship, perhaps we could understand each other better.

Best Answer

certainly not friendship has no age barrier like love itis something that we can always give to others even if we do not possess it ourselves

Best Answer

it's not weird at all, your relationship with your boyfriend should be important, but explain to him why this man is your friend what he helped you through maybe then he will understand better.

Best Answer

I am 33 and my male best freind is 66 & he wants to sleep with me. lol<br />
that's why your b/f is jealous he knows how men are.

Best Answer

why not? i have older friends, too. (both male and female). it's good for everybody to have both perspectives. 38 and 60 is not like 30 and 8...

Best Answer

Friends, like gold, are where you find 'em.

Best Answer

as long as hes not like one of those online predators then its normal

Best Answer

Age ain't nothing but a number -- a friend is a friend and good friends are hard to find, and keep. Watch your boyfriend, he may cheat to get even ~ cause he doesn't believe in just friends .... .... .....

Best Answer

sound insecure

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No. What's wierd about it?

Best Answer

Its not really weird, I sleep with 22yr old girl often usually at her request

Best Answer