bethanieb bethanieb 18-21, F 23 Answers Aug 8, 2010

If your child is sick and doesn't want to take his meds do you give in and let him skip ??/ The Bible says that through a wife's faith her husband might be saved...Keep praying for God to work in his life...

Best Answer

The best thing to do is be an example to him (your hubbie), do not throw the word at him everytime you have a discussion. The best thing is to be an example. When you go to church, let him know where your going (if he asks), but after a few Sundays and Wednesdays (if you have bible study on that day) he'll know where your going. The biggest example you can be to him is how you treat and react to other people when you two are together, but when your hubbie mind starts to question and wonder he'll want to know from the people you interact with OUT of his presence. You'll know when God starts to work on your hubbie because he'll start to ask questions that concern his everyday life...BE PATIENT!! Your hubbie may not like or agree with what you say, but remember to look at him through the eyes of Jesus. With lots of LOVE and UNDERSTANDING. At this point, he will open up more and on a deeper level why he doesn't trust God or believe. You can be a great instrument in your husband's salvation. Keep praying and remember God is with you both. Keep in mind that you lure people with love and not angry words. I'm sure you understand what I mean.<br />
Your sister in Christ,<br />
Lily

Best Answer

Hey I have the same relationship here with my Husband and we've been Married 14 years. At first he did attend church with me but then found some unloyal Christians which sort of made him stop attending. I've since joined another church and would absolutely love it if he'd just attend a service with me it's a much better congregation. Our boys attend church with me and I think it's important that your Husband lets any children you may have attend with you. But seriously him not attending church is the least of my problems just be faithful to God and in time he may be saved.

Best Answer

It is such a shame to me that religion is so effective in pushing and keeping people APART. I don't know him personally, but it seems to me that Jesus' intentions were right in line with wanting everyone to respect each another's differences, and to love one other not in spite of who we are, but because of it.<br />
BTW, when you read the bible - and what Jesus reputedly said - remember that "his words" were written by mortal men, and paraphrased, from 30 - hundreds of years after he supposedly said them, and then translated from there.<br />
I say listen to your own heart, and you will know your God.

Best Answer

I am Wiccan and my husband is Catholic. I understand and accept his beliefs and he understands and accepts mine. He doesn't feel as though he's being disloyal to his God nor do I feel disloyal to my Goddess. I agree with Esotericgirl, it sounds like you need spiritual guidance, the fight is not with your spouse but within yourself.

Best Answer

what's hard, your husband or Christ?

Best Answer

it's hard knowing that I'm maried to someone who doesn't believe in god and I feel luke I'm being unloyal to god.. But I accept that my husband doesn't have to have the same views asme,its just hard that he doesn't believe.. Sorry I didn't have much room in my ? To explain more

Best Answer

Another example of how God's way is better. It warns believers about being unequally yoked for their own good. It doesn't just say NO, it explains why it's not a good idea - as you apparently have found out.

Best Answer

My guy is Catholic and I am VERY Baptist. We talk about our religions a lot and what we expect from one another in respects to it. It isn't like he can suddenly become a believer overnight (short of a miracle and being led to do so). Would you be happy if he came to religious services with you and sat through although you both know he is Atheist and is that even fair to ask him to do that? Or do you think you could worship God and not attend formal religious services? I have to agree that in a perfect world you would have discussed this prior to marriage but we are past that now. Do you have children? If not, and you plan to start a family you may want to have a very frank discussion with him now so you can come to an agreement on religious preferences for your children. It is what is is and unfortunately you can't expect him to change now. If you love him accept him for who he is and pray for him. Don't push religion on him however because most people are turned off if you try to force it down their throats. Be yourself and attend your religious services and then maybe meet him afterward for a dinner or something afterward. Good luck no matter what you do because I can imagine how trying this is for you.

Best Answer

Not believing in Christ , doesn´t mean not believing in God.<br />
Remember there are many other ways of thinking and there isn´t only one truth.

Best Answer

That's tough. I don't have the same issue as you(my husband and I were both raised Catholic and became disillusioned along the way) but we each subscribe to completely different political views. I think what makes it work is that can have a healthy debate on the subject without going to bed angry, and we don't expect to change eachother's mind.<br />
Except you don't have an issue with your husband, you're trying to come to terms with your god. Maybe you should seek spiritual guidance.

Best Answer

you can add details after ask your question look for the button. I wish you luck hon, I hope if you have children he will let you teach them about God.

Best Answer

thank you very much.. He is just one of those who asks too many questions and his answer is always it's not possible.. He's gotts see to believe. Thank you for your kind words though!

Best Answer

Have you ever thought about beating your husband into submission?

Best Answer

eh, no. Lol

Best Answer

Unloyal to Christ? Or husband?

Best Answer

christ

Best Answer