I mean, I prefer them to always pay. Even when we've been dating for months. Every so often I'll offer to pay my way, but never for the both of us.
Samerina Samerina 26-30, F 43 Answers May 30, 2012

I think it is a bit much for you to expect a guy to pay for a date. I don't mean to be vulgar but men pay for prostitutes, not dates. A real woman offers and at times does pay if she has invited him out as a thankful for a previous date. I think if you set a pattern of expecting men to pay then they would expect a pattern of getting something (sexual) for their money.

Best Answer

I have equality in a relationship. It doesn't require men to pay for dates.

Best Answer

It might be for you but not for others. When I was dating my wife I paid for our dates. I did so because that is what I felt comfortable doing based on how I was raised. She offered to pay and because I declined, she would offer to make dinner at her place or suggest an event for us to attend in the future and then make the arrangements (pay for tickets, etc. in advance). It made me feel a bit uncomfortable because I had always felt that if a man was with a woman, he takes care of the expenses for the outing. When I was growing up women were more homemakers not office employees so their incomes were less. My wife is a doctor and can certainly pay for things herself. We had to work on striking a balance because she felt if a man always paid for dates that it made a woman feel obligated to "put out" and she did not want to feel like she was in that position. I respected that and we would share the expenses of dating based on who asked whom out.

Best Answer

A gentle man always pays...period

Best Answer

That's what my boyfriend says.

Best Answer

hang on to him then if he really does as he must know how to treat a lady with respect....good for you

Best Answer

If HE asks you out and it's the first date then it's good etiquette for him to pay for that one but after that you should generally split the bill. Occasionally you should treat him or let him treat you but 50/50 is fair.

Best Answer

Me, too I was raised in a family where I was the only woman aside from my mother so I was accustomed to not paying anything when I go out with my dad or brothers even until I got married. They pay for my meal and my kids even if we go out of town, my brothers share for the bills and don't ask anything from me except if I like an air-conditioned cottage or not? Lol

Spoiled brat women don't pay. That's why I don't have a date in years...Laughs.

But I don't eat much neither a picky eater. you can bring me anywhere as long as it's a decent place. I won't mind having only a cup of tea or coffee plus croissant or buttered biscuits. That won't cost much. who knows I might return the favor in other means. *winks. (don't think of something malicious) I could teach my date how to dance in a slow music. Or after dropping me home I could share a slice of cake with him with a back rub while enjoying a night outside looking at the stars above. Cool?

Best Answer

Cool!

Best Answer

you sound like a cheapo and a user.

Best Answer

i think it is acceptable. I never pay for anything when i am with my bf.

Best Answer

And I guess we pretty girls can get away with it ;)

Best Answer

Exactly, Samerina! lol

Best Answer

I'm sure he gets paid back in others ways - just depends on how much he's paying. There's no such thing as a free lunch girls.

Best Answer

You better be putting out after dinner

Best Answer

I have always paid, but now days its often 50/50 or take turns...

Best Answer

From my recent experiences, the men I have gone out with has been nothing but gentlemen, they always pay. They say that they would not expect me to pay.

Best Answer

Only if you find it acceptable that you should only work in the kitchen, unless you are cleaning the house ofcours. And voting is, as you might imagine, out of the question. Oh and before I forget, you can't make decisions for yourself. Your husband or father should make those for you.

Now stop sitting behind your computer and fedge me a beer...

Best Answer

I think he should pay it shows he aint mean as women make home meals on a movie at home night, its all about give and take really

Best Answer

I f he asked you out, HE should pay.

Best Answer

Whoever did the asking pays. If you're friends, split the expenses.

Best Answer

That all depends on if you are worthy of him to pay and not just expecting it.

Best Answer

What you are saying is "I'll go out with you as long as you pay for everything". Right? What does that sound like to you, coming back at you? If you go out with someone, money isn't an issue at all. You can decide on the night between you. Expecting the male to pay all the time leads to only one conclusion by males you go out with. Can you see that?

Best Answer

I have always figured that if they ask me out then they pay and if I ask them out then I should pay.After all we started women's lib.It's only fair if you want to be an equal then start being equal in everything not just when it suits you.Just my view. ;-)

Best Answer

I was raised with the understanding that the gentleman pays for the evening, and unless we make prior arrangements, that's the way I deal with it. I dated one woman for a couple of years who had a boy-girl set of twins, and she insisted on paying for the baby-sitter when we went out. I did accept that, and after we'd dated for a while, we often spent weekends together - Friday night she'd pay for the baby-sitter, then for the rest of the weekend, I'd foot whatever bills we generated while out and about. Of course, she provided home cooked meals on the weekend, and "other benefits" - in my mind, it became more of a case of a couple sharing times together rather than just dating.

Best Answer

well, the bottom line is you're such a nice date...so when do we set our date? :)

Best Answer

My schedule is very flexible... ;-)

Best Answer

After marking your calendar, PM me about that date...:)

Best Answer

simple rule... on a date.... The asking party pays for the date. unless the gentleman offers to pay. Then it is ok to let him pay. But remember you are a grown capable woman so pay for a date on occasion even if he offers. It will make him feel that you are as invested in the relationship as he is.

In a group setting everyone pays for their own tabs.

Best Answer

Well truth is you should never have anyone do something for you that you are not willing to do for them.

First few dates you go on with someone I think it is important you show you can care for your self. To many women out there now days do take it for granted. They are not interested in getting to know he person for a possible future relationship. They just want a good time at someone elses expense.

I do believe your way of thinking but not if it is a first date or you are meeting the person for the first time.

I do not date anymore, single, never been married, and likely never will be married. To many women take advantage of that system now days.

Best Answer