VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 19 Answers Jun 17, 2012

First, psychology does not give you any magic formulas for life success.<br />
Second, if psychology teaches you anything it's to listen to your gut instincts. For instance, unless you have a PhD, psychology won't be a very interesting or lucrative career. Maybe, this is what you are reacting to. <br />
If I had to make a guess, I'd say you are encountering people involved in another major that attracts you--maybe it's something about the major or someONE in that major, or both.<br />
When I wanted to switch from teaching biological and health sciences, I remembered all the really interesting and smart people I had met from Linguistics, which turned out to be a great area for me to study. Now, I teach university level language--really interesting and very hard to do well. <br />
I have two Masters Degree in Psych. and it's a fascinating area, but it is filled with people--quite frankly--who hide behind psychology to justify their not solving their own problems. I only found a very few who really had their acts together. <br />
Again, psychology is not a magic cure for anything, so you have to be prepared to deal with plenty of jealous, envious, and downright self-centered people in that future profession--is that what you want? If it's your passion, none of this will matter. <br />
So, pay attention to your little voice; go and explore other majors; see what's there for you. You wouldn't be feeling this way if you weren't unsettled about something...

Best Answer

yeah - give it up ........therapy sans empathy is useless........a whiney wanna be little bastard like you who thinks you can 'help' or 'understand' peoples problems just cause you can spell psychology and read a book will do more damage than good.......so find something useful to do with your time and life - for you and others...... leave psychology to people with a fr<x>ame of reference for it.........

Best Answer

mmmm a very intelligent creature.

Best Answer

silence yourself

Best Answer

Go see a psychologist.

Best Answer

Your feelings are ba<x>sed on an irrational concept that one major is better than another.

Best Answer

Psych major so you can join the other psych witch doctors? Get another major where you can mean something.

Best Answer

Do what you love and don't worry about everyone else. They are probably doing something because they hear it makes them money or their parent wanted them to. You will be happier in the long run and psychology is a perfectly respectable and noble career.

Best Answer

If your willing to put in a great deal more work you can double major. But psych is fine.

Best Answer

Inferior? Tell that to my psychologist who makes 120 buck for 20 minutes of talk. He helped me through tough times. My medical doctor ignored my symptoms that nearly killed me.....twice. My psychologist called me at home at 11pm when I was going through a crisis. I have to wait till 9 am on a weekday to talk to a secretary to connect to my doctor's nurse...maybe if they feel like it. (I did change doctors.) Psychologist are the saviors of mental health. I admire them greatly.....obviously. I owe them my life.

Best Answer

A psych major? Asking for advice? This is your field--you figure it out!!

Best Answer

silence yourself.

Best Answer

Hey! I'm a psych major. :D Trust me, no major is inferior as long as you have a plan for it. Psychology is one of the biggest majors because it is highly adaptable to almost any job you'd want to go into. I'd say distinguish yourself from the THOUSANDS of other run of the mill psych majors. Do research, double major, business school, anything. A major is what you make it out to be.

Best Answer

Get your Doctorate and then in your own mind you can think you are better all the time

Best Answer