if you eat anything with poppy seeds on it, you will test possitive

Best Answer

I was JUST going to say this. Ask them to retest!!!

Best Answer

yip

Best Answer

I haven't eaten any poppy seeds, but I always thought that was a myth.

Best Answer

I went to a proper lab for a more reliable test, the doctor will get the results in about a week, I just hope this time it's right, that it's negative!

Best Answer

i hope so too, but like alot of people here said, dont throw away your life, you have come to far for that

Best Answer

I won't

Best Answer

You know what you have and have not done, mistakes can happen. Don't let this set you back, I am sure your life is a whole lot better without morphine, remember that.

Best Answer

Thanks, you're right.

Best Answer

You have had a lot of support which is heart warming to see. Glad you did not hold it all in, you were upset over what happened, but asked for advice. Wishing you all the best, hope it can be sorted. Poppy seeds? Did not know that, also the hair test was a good idea.

Best Answer

it is a good idea but hair tests are not available at any of the labs here. & yes the support I received here was heartwarming, I needed to vent and let it out, and it's good to know that I can do that here.

Best Answer

I'm with the rest. Don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work. Everyone knows the tests regularly give false positives. In something like a treatment program, they should assume it is a false positive and retest. If that comes up positive because of something you ate, like poppy seeds, they should do a more definitive test before passing judgement. But the system is under staffed and under funded, so the easy thing for them to do is assume guilt. <br />
Stand your ground and hold your position. The independent test was a good idea. Good luck with everything.

Best Answer

thank you very much. I always assumed that the poppy seed thing was a old wives tale. either way though, I haven't eaten poppy seeds so it doesn't pertain to my situation.

Best Answer

It isn't an old wives tale and there are other legal foods that will give the same false positive. Do a web search. Familiarize yourself with them so you don't get burned. Good luck.

Best Answer

big macs have sesame seed buns, poppy seeds are black, sesame seeds are white. but I will look for other foods I may have eaten that could cause a false positive, thanks!

Best Answer

Why even try?because life is thousands of times better clean.For your health,friends,loved ones etc.Keep going don't give up.If you get a bad test well re test they will get to the bottom of it eventually and you will be exonerated/Thanks for your story.

Best Answer

thank you for your encouraging words. I was just frustrated and needed to vent. I know why I stay clean, and I will continue to stay clean &amp; continue to ween off the methadone. once I'm off that crap I won't have to deal with sh*t like this anymore. that's what will make things better, not using! but I have to do this properly. if you do it too fast or before you are ready, you will end up failing. people say that 4 years is too long to be on the methadone program, but I think 4 years is nothing if that time is used to get stronger and used to make yourself ready for a lifetime of being clean. life is better clean, but for addicts we always have to be careful, and if a addict goes off the program too soon, they will fail, and I don't want that to be me. you're right, I never want to use again, I don't want to be that person!

Best Answer

Look who cares what people say,take 4 yrs take 5 ,take whatever it takes be clean and stay clean.Life is really so much better when you have a clear mind and healthy body.hang in there you can do it,don't let others discourage you.You are doing the right thing.

Best Answer

You're rationalizing yourself into a relapse. Something was wrong with the test, that's all. Stay clean, and wait for the results of the other test. It probably will come back negative, and you'll be vindicated. Don't let this throw you. Your present train of thought is going to get you using again. Just think about why you stopped, and how hard it was to get where you are now. Do you want to throw that away, and eventually have to go through it all again?

Best Answer

I know, I was just angry and frustrated. and I would be lying if I said the thought of using never crossed my mind, but I want what I have now (my loved ones, job etc..) more than I want to be numbed with drugs.

Best Answer

Still on methadone after four years? , That's a long time. I'm sure using would make everything better

Best Answer

there's no set time for how long a addict should be on methadone, they are on it as long as they need to be. if you go off it too soon you will just end up back tracking. and the weening off process alone can take years. if you're on 175mg and ween off 5mg a month that's almost 3 years! plus the time it takes to just be on the program before you're ready to start weening. so to do it properly takes a long time. but for people who do it right, they have a lower relapse rate than people who go cold turkey or ween of methadone too soon &amp; too fast. &amp; I'm not going to use, I'd lose eveythign I've gained, I was just frustrated, and needed to vent i guess.

Best Answer

Don't get discouraged!! You've been doing so so wonderfully, 4 years straight? That's a massive accomplishment, and it doesn't matter what a false positive says, you know you've been on the right path for this long, and it's definitely not gonna stop you from continuing to succeed. Also, a false positive can come from the food you've been eating, you should ask the doctors about the chance of that happening.

Best Answer

thank you.

Best Answer