have you tried craig's list?

Best Answer

Join SAG. They'll help you...

Best Answer

Agencies have open call days at least once a month- call around to find out which day and go in with a head shot, resume and a monologue. I try and have 3 monologues- because if they like the 1st sometimes they want a second. say you did a serious drama 1st one, they might ask for a comedic one etc. No legit agency will charge you up front or make you pay THEM for photos. Be very careful with managers- there are ALOT of sharks pretending to be managers that sign you and then do nothing. You don't need a manager to make it in showbiz- that's how it used to be. If I were you i would freelance for at least 4 years. By then you'll find out whose good by word of mouth. I've never heard of a sponsor for an actor, so- I don't know what you mean by that. Hone your skills in free productions of theatre, and independant films. Most states have a film office which has a website or phone # you can call to hear about current or upcomming productions- My daughter has been in 15 films, 3 commercials, 3 music videos and numerous fashion magazines- she's had 3 managers & none of them ever got her any role- they held her back so, I would rethink the manager aspect if I were you.(one was even a violent sociopath that tried to keep her from leaving when her contract was up) She has no manager now and Is doing much better than when she had one. An agency is what you need- they are the ones who send you on auditions. If you have a manager and an agency that also means more money out of your pocket 20-30% for an agent and add another 10- 20% on top of that for a manager. Which means 50% of what you make you have to give away : / plus taxes for uncle sam.

Best Answer

Thanks alot 4 ur advice. Bt 4 the sponsorship i'm talking abt is my write ups I want to publish.

Best Answer